Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by schelosk

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom

We are typically All-inclusive resort travelers when going to the Caribbean. After being convinced by family and friends to try a cruise we decided on this short cruise just in case my wife or I had problems with sea sickness (which both of us have had in the past).

The port experience was good, smooth transition to the ship. No complaints here only praise.

When we entered the ship I though there might be someone there greeting us as you get when you arrive at a resort, not the case here. Just get on and figure it out for yourself. We decided to go to our rooms to drop off a few things and change cloths. We got to our floor and the doors to the hallways were closed. We then decided to go up to the pool deck to see what it was like. We found the video board where we could see what was happening now. We decided to go eat at Windjammer. It looked like an over-packed airport terminal. People and bags everywhere. We tried to sit at a table and had a lady yell that it was hers. We finally got a place to sit and one by one we went up to eat so we didn't lose our seats. The food which we had heard so much about was just ok. Like a big chain buffet. Dinner that night at My Fair Lady was better but no better than the food at the RIU specialty restaurants.

Our room was small, the shower was small and had a curtain instead of a door but I really don't care about that because we spend so little time there.

The cruise line changed the itinerary from Coco Cay then Nassau to Nassau then Coco Cay. The best weather day we had was Saturday which now meant we were in Nassau (Port) on the nice day and didn't get to go to Coco Cay at all because of the winds. The weather pattern was calling for exactly what we got so it seems to me that if they had left it the way it was originally planned we would have got to do both.

On the boat I can say that no less than 4 times I was ignored when shopping or dealing with the Park West staff. They seemed to have disregarded me based on appearance for older couples who were in 3 of the 4 cases simply passing by. I had a $400 watch in my hand that I was buying but got ignored after staff looked at me and spoke with others. I didn't end up buying the watch. My wife was scammed on a presentation as well. In general I felt like I was being disregarded and ignored based on appearance.

On Sunday we were packed like sardines into the common areas because of the weather. It was uncomfortable at best. Instead of altering the games and events they just added some movies and rolled along as usual.

The staff wasn't overly friendly with the exception of our room attendant who was great and a couple waiters. I could tell they didn't want to be working when we got stuck on the boat.

I just expected more and got much less than that. Thinking about it now I believe it was probably the perfect storm of negatives but that shouldn't happen. I completed RC's survey and shared the positives and negatives on the Monday afternoon, the day the cruise ended. I figured they would probably respond to the negatives I shared but I haven't heard anything from them to this point.

Overall: Disappointed.

schelosk's Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin H 3562

The room was fine, a bit small and the shower was really small. I hate the shower curtain touching me so that is a negative. Other than that it was a place to change and sleep.

schelosk