3. Viking Modi
My husband and I travel often, however, this was our first Viking Cruise. It will definitely not be our last. Everything about this cruise was top notch. Crew members were amazing They were always pleasant and went out of their way to accommodate any reasonable requests made by any of the guests. They also did a great job of handling the the unreasonable complaints made by guests.[One person complained of no balcony after booking a room with no balcony!?] The Longship was kept spotless. Our house keeper did a fabulous job of restocking and being sure that everything in our cabin was perfect. Food was tasty and plentiful.The kitchen staff did any and everything possible to be sure to meet each passengers' specific needs. Tours were very good. I'm not a "group tour" person, so did some exploring on my own. Sites we visited were outstanding. Each evening before dinner guests were given a briefing of the following day's activities. A "newspaper"describing the following day's activities was also left in each stateroom. We were well informed of what to expect. The ship's lounge was the gathering place for the briefings and most on board activities. The on board activities were varied and always fun and/or informative. One of my favorites was the Glassblower from Bamberg. We joined folks in the lounge daily for Happy Hour and again after dinner for either scheduled entertainment or to listen to the wonderful piano playing of Nikoli. We opted to do an extra 2 nights in Budapest at the end of our cruise. The hotel was fabulous. Our room had a view of Fishermen's Bastion and the Danube. We were fortunate to have a wedding take place on the bastion that we watched from our room. Be sure to try the paprikash in Budapest! All in all I would highly recommend this Viking cruise and am looking forward to doing another within the next two years.

Grand European

PC Patty’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Modi price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 316
My husband and I loved our cabin. We often sat outside on the Veranda during cruising. This was my first actual "cruise" and the room was much more spacious than I anticipated. Everything was always clean and our housekeeper, Dani was the best!
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins