3. Viking Jarl
First of all, we ended up on the Jarl instead of the Alta, due to low river water. My husband and I had never been on a cruise before, so we did not know what to expect. We were pleased with the accommodations and were comfortable. We were on the lowest deck, so very little view from the clearstory window, but that meant more privacy from passing ships too! The staff was very friendly and willing to accommodate our needs. The food was outstanding! We liked how the menu was designed to allow us to sample the ethic food of the area we happened to be in, plus chose other dishes if we chose too. We were able to get to know one waiter, Jasenko, in particular for our party of eight, and he learned to know what we liked. We enjoyed seeing him each day. My husband and I went on the scheduled tours that came with our package, plus paid extra to go on additional tours in the afternoon. We were glad we did, for the history of each city was interesting, the old buildings and churches were interesting to look at, and we developed an appreciation for the long history of Europe. We took hundreds of pictures! We were very impressed with how well organized the activities were. Kudos to the Activity Director, Mario. He even prepared us the day before for sights we would see, and things we might like to do when we had free time. We even were able to see and hear samples of the ethnic music in the lounge while visiting various cities! Even our departure was well organized! We appreciated how the staff made sure we saw our luggage and put it on the bus we were departing on. The organization we saw on this trip was truly amazing. We enjoyed the trip so much, that we have booked a river cruise trip on the Rhine for November 2016 with our same group of eight! :)

Danube River Cruise

romraF’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Jarl price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 111
The space was tight, but well used and comfortable for the two of us. I did have a little trouble figuring out the dimmer switch on the lights, my poor husband was trying to sleep during that, but finally did. We ended up storing our suitcases under the bed, so we would have more room to navigate through the room. I liked the fact that there was a desk area, and the bed was very comfortable. The closet met our needs too. It was nice having our bathroom cleaned daily and fresh bottled water resupplied. It was also nice that they had a program on the TV to explain our trip, the ship and what to expect. I appreciated that they had outlets for American electronics and wifi.
Main Deck Outside Cabins