Viking Odin Cruise Review

Viking Odin Cruise Review by eagledriver325

• Sail Date: Apr 2015
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

This is the first Viking cruise for my wife and I. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.

The cruise was excellent, service, food, cabin, etc... all excellent. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. All the tours were well organized and very interesting.

We liked it so much that we are scheduled to go to China and Hong Kong in Oct of 2016 and considering the Med cruise in 2017.

My wife enjoyed the gourmet meals the most. She owned and operated a restaurant for almost 20 years so she knows good cooking and food presentation. Service in the dinning room was excellent. The wait staff was excellent, they went the extra mile to accommodate our every need.

Since the ship was small, entertainment was average; live piano. I had a slight disagreement with the piano player in that 'as time goes by' was not a classic song. Any film buff will tell you that this song is an all time classic.

Highly recommended

eagledriver325's Full Rating Summary

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 229

Excellent. The cabin was very clean and cleaned daily. Fresh linen and towels daily. My wife and I loved the balcony and sat outside and watched the scenery go by.

Koblenz

First time seeing Europe. Just like Hollywood.... reminded me of the movies. Very nice, and very clean. I found the architecture very interesting and very old.

Heidelberg

Just amazing.... locations that you read in books and now seeing it first hand. The guide on our tour was very knowledgeable and very interesting to listen to.

eagledriver325