3. Nieuw Amsterdam
Eastern Caribbean Cruise This was my third cruise on a Holland America ship and my first cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam. I had inside spa cabin 10043, which actually has a window that looks toward the pool area on deck 9, but the retractable roof is there so you can't see anything. You can see up for sky conditions and to the left and right for both port and starboard ocean and sky views. I used the window to check what the sunset conditions were like each day before going out to take pics and film it. Embarkation: Not too bad. From dropping off my suitcase to walking onto the ship was probably 30 minutes. Food: I'm a picky eater and just used the Lido for all my meals, so can't real comment on the food. Liked the hand scooped ice cream. I also liked the waffles, bacon, cereal. For drinks that are free the machine had various options depending on the day, but usually water, iced tea, lemonade, and fruit punch. Other times a guava/passion fruit/orange combo replaced the lemonade or fruit punch. I was on the final "Dancing with the Stars" cruise so had celebrities on the ship with me such as Florence Henderson and Carson Kressley. Entertainment was a lot of "Dancing with the Stars" stuff plus the usually song and dance shows. All were good that I saw. I skipped a steel drum band one night in the main theater and some other shows. Ship condition: Great. it's not that old, so no wear and tear. Ports: Left from Fort Lauderdale. Went to Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, St. Martin, and Half Moon Cay. Disembarkation: I used the expedited carry all your luggage off option, as I had a 9:49am flight and that option said we would be let off the ship 7:45-8. Actually got off at 7:30 but customs only had 2 agents working checking passports, so I was worried I might miss my plane. Stood in giant line (that was just expedited people) for almost an hour. Luckily I made my flight.

No Problems

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review by Cruiser 4 Life 66

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Spa Interior Stateroom
Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Ship condition: Great. it's not that old, so no wear and tear.

Cruiser 4 Life 66’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Nieuw Amsterdam price drops

Spa Interior Stateroom
Cabin IQ 10043
I had inside spa cabin 10043, which actually has a window that looks toward the pool area on deck 9, but the retractable roof is there, so you can't see that direction. You can see up for sky conditions and to the left and right for both port and starboard ocean and sky views. I used the window to check what the sunset conditions were like each day before going out to take pics and film it. Also good for seeing the weather.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins