3. Viking Heimdal
The title says it all. I have traveled a lot including around the world 4 times. Been in well known and obscure places. Had been to Nice and Monte Carlo before to make a presentation. But this was different view that the Navy never had. The food was simply put, great. The cruise ship was smoother than a train, plane, bus or car. Slept like a lamb. While this cruise was predominantly for wine tasting, I saw some of the best sights in southern France. We climbed castles for spectacular views, we hiked towns to see historic landmarks, we went to a museum featuring a Roman Colony in Gaul (France) in 500 BC and we went to wine tastings that even a non-drinker like myself could enjoy We traveled with two other couples. The tours were excellent. My wife and I had a grand time and were sorry when it was over. We will be re-booking some more trips with Viking. Can't wait. Oh yes, the crew was great, the waiters special with their tips and critiques and the amenities on board were surprisingly excellent. We stayed in a room with a veranda facing the river. We sat out there evenings when we were docked or traveling. I would recommend this experience to anyone!

Fine Dining, Smooth Riding, and Great Sightseeing

Skip1941’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Heimdal price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 333
Excellent' Quickly cleaned and prepared. Any mishap was quickly fixed. Shower and bath combo was small but clean and easy to use. Plenty of space to store stuff. Lamps and tables to use for writing. There was a TV which we used only to get ship info,but it had TV stations as well. Good closet space. Ironing board and iron which is a must. Bed was comfortable and had a table for my CPAP.
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins