3. Viking Star
The Viking Star is a great ship with all the amenities you need. The entertainment on our cruise was excellent and the food was always very good. All interactions with crew and staff were pleasant and professional. We were greeted by every member of the crew that we met. I was amazed by the well thought out design of the ship and the ease of getting anywhere on board. We toured the kitchen and the bridge and were not rushed or ignored. All of our questions were answered no matter how trivial. We had arrived in Venice a few days early and stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky Hotel. Our embarkation was directly across the lagoon from the hotel and went very smoothly. We went on the provided tours in each port of call and were generally impressed with the quality of the tour guides although some were better than others. Everything about the ship and crew was wonderful and as this was our first cruise, I fear that we have been spoiled. I don't think any other cruise line will be able to compete for our affections and our next cruise will have to be with Viking.

Viking: Empires of the Mediterranean, Venice to Istanbul

Viking Star Cruise Review by Badger2

Badger2’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

We had a well laid out, comfortable cabin with a beautiful view off the port bow from our veranda. The bathroom featured a raised (and heated) floor and fog-free mirror and a full sized shower. Our cabin steward, who was always smiling, provided everything we asked for and always inquired if there was anything else that we needed. All of the housekeeping staff was pleasant and helpful.