3. Viking Star
My husband and I were considering a "RIVER cruise" and had started conducting our research. Out of the blue, we received a brochure from Viking introducing their new "ocean" liner -- the Viking Star. We booked -- that very same NIGHT -- two years in ADVANCE. The itinerary was exactly what we had been discussing for our next ocean voyage; "Empires of the Mediterranean." I seriously cannot say enough about how absolutely WONDERFUL the Ship & Her Crew were. Everything was simply top shelf and top notch. It was truly a "glorious" cruise experience! We are VERY EXPERIENCED ocean cruisers and, are -- pretty much -- go with the flow -- kind of passengers. We did our own pre-cruise in Venice two days prior to departure, and our own post-cruise in Istanbul for another 3 additional nights. We truly enjoyed the Viking experience with a couple of their included shore excursions; however, we purchased an additional shore excursion in almost every port. We felt those experience truly enriched our experience, and, were very affordable. Having said that, passengers could probably go and enjoy the "included" shore excursions, and you would not leave away disappointed. We just tend to like to ramp up the experience for ourselves because we're history buffs. To each his own. We have now since booked a 12-day Viking RIVER Cruise on the Rhine. Yes, we were that IMPRESSED with Viking! Finally, .... just because I can't help myself: 1. To the reviewer that commented on the "ugly Americans" on your voyage. Well, I'm an American, and I take exception to that. I can only state that my husband had "no desire" to try afternoon tea in the Wintergarden and I decided to go -- by myself. Upon entry, I met this lovely couple from the UK .... suffice it to say, we shared the most lovely afternoon tea time and have already exchanged most pleasant "after cruise" emails. Make life what you will .... 2. To the reviewer criticizing lifeboat drill that you were told to muster either in the dining room or theatre in case of an emergency. What lifeboat drill did you attend? GO TO YOUR LIFEBOAT STATION! Those were the directives .... by the way, you're the reason mass confusion ensues when you don't know how to follow instructions, and you provide your misinformation to everyone around you. 3. Bring enough clean under thingies and stay out of the laundry room. A waste of everyone's time ..... truly ....

An AMAZING Journey!

Viking Star Cruise Review by SandraPittsburgh

Finally, .... just because I can't help myself:

SandraPittsburgh’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Star price drops

By far the best bathroom on a cruise ship ever with very luxurious toiletries replenished daily. Lovely cabin. Beautiful veranda. Meticulously cleaned.