3. Evolution
I can't say enough about our Galapagos cruise onboard M/V EVOLUTION. We went on a 7 night, 8 day cruise in January 2016. My husband and I are younger (early 30's) and we were definitely on the younger end of the crowd, but everyone was incredibly interesting and they were all active. Mostly American, with one Norwegian couple, and a British/Romanian couple. Bottom line, we loved the type of people that M/V EVOLUTION seems to appeal to. The ship is beautiful! Recently restored and perfect for the Galapagos. It's intimate without feeling crowded, and there are plenty of spaces to be outdoors, but also in the shade. The dining areas (both indoor and outdoor) were roomy, and the Jacuzzi/sun area was a really nice addition to the ship. Our cabin, D3, on the bottom level, was everything we needed. Big bed, plenty of storage, and the bathroom was nice. Water pressure was good and it was hot. The crew did an excellent job at making everyone feel at home and attending to their needs. The one thing I was really impressed by was how crew members would pitch in if they saw something that needed to be done, even if it wasn't in their job description. One day, the Captain was the one who washed off our feet as we returned from land. He also gave my husband and I, both in the US Navy, a personal tour of the bridge, which was really appreciated. The food/bar was wonderful. Food was fresh, lots of variety, and they served homemade dessert at every meal. Bar prices were reasonable and there was a happy hour period every evening before that night's briefing and dinner. Our naturalist guides made the trip. Their level of knowledge was unprecedented. I was so impressed by their technical command of the English language, as well as their knowledge of the Galapagos. This is definitely one of the most important things to consider when picking a Galapagos cruise. Everything on the ship ran like clockwork thanks to the guides, the crew, and the Cruise Director. It was the perfect amount of activity versus downtime. The scheduled activities were varied enough that you never got bored and the Northwestern itinerary was perfect. We got to see a good overview of the islands. Overall, I can't recommend M/V EVOLUTION/Quasar Expeditions more. They provide a tremendous experience at a reasonable cost (compared to other ships). You won't regret it!

Incredible Cruise Experience in the Galapagos; Beautiful Ship, Fantastic Guides

Evolution Cruise Review by esoccer85

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Galapagos

esoccer85’s Full Rating Summary
Get Quasar Evolution price drops

Cabin D3
Middle cabin on the bottom deck. Overall pretty quiet; you could hear the anchor being lifted and lowered, but that was heard pretty much everywhere on the ship. You aren't in the front so you don't hear the waves as much. Stairs are steep but very safe. Lots of storage in the room and a double bed. Bathroom was nice, with good water pressure and hot water.