3. Majesty of the Seas
Let me start off by saying I NEVER write reviews, about anything, but after reading some not so great reviews, and being pleasantly surprised by my [first ever], 3 night cruise, I decided to put in my two cents. Stateroom- I had heard so many warnings about how small rooms are on cruise ships and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of our room. Definitely not huge, but if you pack smart, you will have plenty of room. Looking at the bigger picture, you ARE on a ship, so unless you are willing to dish out more money for a suite, you don't have much to complain about [tip: get an ocean view room for a beautiful view on a budget, its also much less claustrophobic]. Our room was cleaned/stocked multiple times a day, and the housekeeping staff (especially MALBERT) was always eager & quick to meet our needs. Service- The service on board really made our experience amazing- from guest services, to dining staff, to cleaning staff & more, everyone from the moment we stepped foot at the port, was lovely. Everyone was professional, friendly, and efficient. I was surprised to be greeted by name in may encounters and I can not say enough good things about the staff. Our highlights were Ahkil & Saipaul who were our main servers every night for dinner. I have never encountered more friendly and genuine people in my years of traveling and I am glad our paths crossed as they really made our cruise that much more enjoyable. Dining- The food was excellent, well, much better than I expected for a cruise. Breakfast was buffet style with endless options. Lunch could also be done buffet style, or at Johnny Rocket's/Sorrento's Pizza on the same floor. Dinner was by far my favorite. Each night had a theme and a different menu, and you can order as many apps, entrees, and desserts as you wish. Take advantage of "my time dining" and sign up for a time to eat. We had the same table/servers reserved for us ever night which was awesome. ALSO, there is 24/7 room service available (although you will get charged if you order between midnight and 5am). All in all, its safe to say you will not be hungry on your trip. Activities- There were so many activities available on ship, it was almost overwhelming (thankfully you receive a thorough itinerary every night preparing you for the next day). Some highlights were "Name that Lyric" game show, karaoke, parties on the pool deck, gambling at the casino, and line dance lessons. We chose to nap a couple hours each day so we missed quite a bit of the activities, but there were TONS of options. Shore Excursions - SO much to do if you are willing to pay (you're on vacay, why not right?). Cococay, a private island owned by this cruiseline, is BEAUTIFUL and a nice break from the ship. We decided to jet ski which was AMAZING, but there were plenty of other options. Some cheaper options are snorkeling, renting a floating matt, and playing in the mini water park set up in the ocean. There was live music, a great BBQ, and lots of seating available which all contributed to a perfect day at Cococay. Nassau- as expected, this island was infinitely larger than Cococay and the options are endless. We rented a scooter which we drove around the island for a couple hours which was a great way to see the island. We then ate some fish at the FISH FRY at Arawak (a must!) and spent the rest of the day at the beautiful Atlantis. This island is seriously breathtaking, and there is lots to do--you will not be disappointed. Side note: everyone on this island is so friendly and helpful, we were constantly asking strangers for directions, recommendations, etc. and we had the sweetest encounters. Also, they take US dollars everywhere and the official language is English which makes everything easy. *tip* don't buy excursions ahead of time, just play it by ear and pay once you get off the boat, way more flexible and you can get better deals on the island sometimes*

Such an Amazing Time