• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

MSC Lirica Review

Editor Rating
14 Awards

This is not your typical American cruise line

Review for MSC Lirica to the Eastern Caribbean
8thcruiser
First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Feb 2009
Cabin:

I just returned from a 10 day eastern sailing on MSC Lirica and let me first say that if you are used to Royal Caribbean, Carnival, or NCL you are in for a big shock because this is not your typical American cruise line. I was rather disappointed in many aspects because I felt like if the ship wants to do business in America and market to Americans then they need to change the way they deliver their product. I feel MSC dropped the ball in some areas and preformed well in others. The ship is such a "hit and miss" you never know what to expect day to day.

Embarkation: We arrived at the port in Ft Lauderdale around 1:00pm and we were in our room around 1:15pm The staff will take you right to your cabin when you board which is new to me and a nice touch.

Public Rooms/Cabins: This ship is spotless and the crew is always cleaning something on the ship. The pool deck is huge for a ship of this size. The rooms are tiny and the shower is a joke it is so small that you have to shower with the shower curtain open or it will attack you. The balcony rooms are larger and have a stand-up shower/tub

previous reviewnext review