Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Hank29

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Ocean View Stateroom

This was my 3rd cruise on the Grandeur of the Seas, 31st cruise overall.

Yes she has been around for a long time but I think she is still a beautiful ship. A little worn here and there but overall well maintained. The crew is excellent and for a ship this size there were many activities and the shows both production and headliner were excellent.

The food was good and plentiful. Bar service was well lets say my glass was never empty.

I was on this ship way back in 1997 and then in 2010.

This was my first time sailing out of Baltimore MD and I will say the embarkation and debarkation experience was great. On and off the ship without any problems. The land crew were very pleasant and helpful. I was on the ship within 1/2 hour after arriving at the port.

In the past I've always sailed out of Florida, Fort Lauderdale, Miami or Tampa. Sailing from the Northeast was an experience. Unfortunately we hit some rough seas on the first day out.

We left on a Wednesday for a 10 day cruise. Wednesday was chilly which was to be expected and Thursday was not a good day. Very cool, raining and rocky. Of course that has nothing to do with the cruise line and they can't predict the weather. However for me it wasn't enjoyable. The days at port were excellent beautiful sunshine and great weather.

The trip home wasn't all that bad but remember she is a smaller ship so limited to how many activities there are and the 3 days at sea got to be a little monotonous for me. However in talking with fellow passengers some enjoyed the quiet time and relaxation.

I really enjoy cruising with RCCL and will continue however I think my next cruises will be out of Florida.

Hank29's Full Rating Summary

Large Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin F 2116

Grandeur is an older ship but my cabin was fine. I traveled solo so plenty of room for my clothes and accessories.

My cabin steward was excellent - thanks Manual

Labadee

Labadee is now a beautiful destination and a relaxing day at the beach.

San Juan

I've been to San Juan many times in the past. So this trip I decided to stay on board and enjoy the pool and the quiet time.

St. Maarten

Spent the day on the Dutch side at the beach.

Hank29