• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

BillGinCT
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2016
Cabin: Balcony

The ship had WAY too many people on it. Imagine a shopping mall on Black Friday with a Free Gift and you can compare that to the sheer magnitude of guests on a Carnival Cruise.

It is ALL ABOUT GETTING YOUR MONEY! Not some, they want every penny you have and your credit card too. They push alcohol so much it is disgusting. It is like a giant college fraternity party for grown adults. The drinks cost $11 each with the automatic 15% tip added to the bill. It is not even negotiable. You must pay the tip. I'm glad I am not a drinker.

FUN? Not a chance. They want to keep your drunk so you think you are having fun. From the moment I stepped foot onto that ship, I knew I wanted to leave but it was too late. I had drove all the way there with my family, I couldn't back out now. If broiling in the sun, standing in long lines with vultures circling the food buffet and being broke by the time all is said and done sounds like fun, you will be in euphoria! The lines for the buffet, the overcrowded deck with no chairs. The staff (except the dining room and room stewards) were terrible. The dining room staff and room stewards were excellent and deserve better than what Carnival gives them. The rest of the staff sucked.

Balcony

Cabin 8B

Average. Small in size but just big enough to live in.

Port Reviews

Miami

Smelled like sewage.

Ocho Rios

My wife loved it. I have a bad back so horseback riding was not a good idea on my part.

Ocho Rios

My kids took this excursion. They enjoyed it but there was transportation issues initially.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

It was like 96 degrees farenheit. WAY TOO HOT to do anything!

1 Helpful Vote