3. Oasis of the Seas
Let me say first that the staff and meal staff were great. Our last cruise on the Oasis was four years ago. We learned first hand about RCI's new penny pinching ways. Yes meals are included but they make it clear that if want the really good food you pay $30 extra even in the main dinning room. You used to be able to check the internet for about .50 a minute. Now you must pay a ridiculous $30 even if you only want to use it for one minute. No matter where you look it seems that they want to charge you more for something. Don't even get me started on the $2.50 for very small bag of popcorn. We paid thousands of dollars for our cruise and you want to charge me for a bag of popcorn!! I am emerald status on RCI, we always choose it because we used to consider it one step above Carnival. Now no mints on the pillow, fewer towel animals, no drinks on the dock after excursions. These were small things that used to differentiate it from Carnival. At lease Carnival has 24 hour soft serve ice cream. The little things that made RCI special seem now to be lacking. The large outdoor TV's at the back of the ship clearly require maintenance. Large blocks don't work. You now MUST pay the gratuities automatically. Since it is a required fee I am not sure how it is a gratuity. There is nothing to give the attendant or waiter at the end of the week which becomes very awkward. Perhaps that is by design. This should now be part of the cruise price up front. Only three ports during the cruise and time at two of the ports was short, I am assuming to save on dock charges. Left Nassua at 2:30. Frankly why bother to go there. Limited shopping, excursions, and beaches. Also a very northerly port for the middle of winter. We also stopped a St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Left St. Maarten at 4:30, why? We had two days at sea to return to port. We are avid snorkelers, the two stop Buck island snorkel in St Thomas was very good. The map in the stateroom shows the boat docked next to the town in St Thomas. That is not were we were docked. Would have been nice if someone on the ship had let us know it was going to cost money to go to town before we left the ship. Much of the entertainment was cancelled due to higher seas. I truly understand that the seas will impact any performance. But why not have alternative entertainment for those days instead of nothing at all. The cruise director had very little interaction with the us. On previous cruises the Director at the end of shows would tell us about what to expect the next day and things we should look for. This one seemed more interested in getting off the stage.

After 4 years the magic is gone.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by shab4444

shab4444’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Cabin was clean and attendant was available and easy to talk to and responded promptly to our requests.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans