3. Carnival Liberty
Myself, husband, 12 yr. old daughter and 7 year old son went on our fifth cruise with Carnival. We got this cruise at an unbelievable cost of 199 per person, and stayed in an inside cabin on the seventh floor, which was graciously upgraded. Embarkation: We drove from Canada, and stayed the night before at a Park sleep and fly hotel, The Red Roof Inn. It cost 125 from the website, and although it doesn't have the greatest reviews, it was fine for catching some zzz's before the big day. Getting on the boat was effortless and we were having lunch by noon. Entertainment- I really enjoyed the shows. The one about I wanna Rock was very fun, and it made me feel like I was at a real live theater production. Lots of variety in music all over the ship. Stop in and see Larry the piano guy. Food- Out of our five cruises, the Liberty had the best. We doubled on lobster night, and ate like kings and queens. After dinner, there isn't much food to be found, unless you want a sandwich or pizza. However we quickly clued in to using room service, which was AMAZING. You got really huge portions, that were quite delicious. Cozumel- We grabbed a cab and went into San Miguel and walked around and shopped for a while. We came back to the boat, ate, and dropped our son off as he didn't want to come back out. We walked outside the pier, and up on the left side of the road, there was a stand selling tours. We negotiated pretty hard, and got the glass bottom boat reduced to almost half. We were taken out on the reef, and had the opportunity to snorkel in several places. I saw huge tuna, and lots of pretty colorful fish. Our guide dove down and got a large crab and brought it up to the surface for some fun pics. He was then released. On -our way back to the ship we stopped at the 7-11 and got pop and chips for the boat. AT night we walked around the pier and waited for some drunken idiots almost miss the boat. Grand Cayman- We rented a car from AVIS and drove to rum point. Spent a gorgeous day sunning, snorkeling and beach combing. I also snuck in my own bottle of rum and guava juice which made the day that much more relaxing. Rum Point is one of the prettiest places I have ever been, and well worth the drive (on the wrong side of the road!). Ocho Rios- Hmm. Well they have lots of awful posts about this place, so I went in quite guarded. It wasn't as bad as La Romana in the Dominican Republic. Yes we were offered tons of drugs. We were followed constantly. We were harassed into seeing everyone's stall. And my husband was solicited for sex, and the woman was willing to start at a dollar. Can you even imagine!?! There was lots of crazy people, and I saw a guy eating chicken bones off the ground. We gave him 20 dollars. He was so crazy that he didn't even realize what we did. So instead of doing the tourist stuff, we talked to people. Most of them were quite interesting, funny, or just plain bizarre. I had the best pina colada here from a street vendor. It's pretty, but if your not used to being swarmed or having to say no a lot, I imagine you wouldn't want to venture here. I did buy a couple of trinkets. Staff- Amazing and great staff. My daughters hair has turned greeny blue from the chlorine, and the pursers desk wasn't willing to help. I got free sample massages from the spa, and used the steam and sauna quite a bit. Worked out a couple of times, and tried to use the stairs over the elevator. Camp Carnival was incredible, and they were very liberal with the drinks at the past guest party. Overall it was an excellent cruise, amazing weather and I come back well rested for another year.

Give me liberty or give me.....well another cruise!

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by cruisingadoptionworker

cruisingadoptionworker’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Great room. Great cabin steward.
  Carnival Liberty Deck Plans