This was our fourth cruise on Astor in three years. We have always enjoyed the trips, but each time seems even better than the last. What I can say is: - Life is never perfect, so a big part of really enjoying your cruise is to accept that a lot depends on you!! Participate in onboard activities and talk and interact with the crew and your fellow passengers when the opportunity arises. - Food on the Astor is to a very high standard and plentiful! I did my best to eat my way through the menu! - drink prices are very reasonable and bar service is excellent. - The CMV website is great. If possible, book early online to choose a cabin near the middle of the ship and then any movement due to choppy seas will be minimised; We always do this, not that the Astor rolls much in rough weather; quite the opposite! - The crew, from the Captain and Cruise Director down to the waiters and cleaners, are very friendly, hard working and very efficient. This is reflected in: - the absolute cleanliness and well maintained condition of the ship. Cabin stewards do a great job, cleaning and tidying your cabin at least twice a day, with fresh towels as required. - the comprehensive entertainment program each day. Sometimes you can become worn out just trying to keep up. Musicians were to a very high standard and the Show Team were excellent. - great quality food with excellent variety of choices. - CMV do a great job of marketing the Astor. Cruise prices and deals offered are very competitive. Both via the website and by phone, I have found CMV to be very helpful and responsive. If you are a repeat passenger, numbers of the crew will remember you and when you travelled, which is amazing! - Travelling on this size ship is far more personal than on one of the "floating blocks of flats". - We came back from our latest cruise a week ago and have just booked our next one on Astor; 10 nights to Bali next January 2017!! I thoroughly recommend travelling on the Astor!!

8 Night Coastal Cruise: Esperance, Albany, Bunbury, and Geraldton

Astor Cruise Review by BOETIE

- drink prices are very reasonable and bar service is excellent.

- great quality food with excellent variety of choices.

I thoroughly recommend travelling on the Astor!!
BOETIE’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cruise & Maritime Voyages Astor price drops

Very space efficient four berth cabin. Very clean, modern and well maintained! Cleaned and tidied to a high standard twice a day, with fresh towels each time to replace those used.