3. Azamara Quest
My husband and I love cruising, and have just enjoyed our 20 th cruise. However we were so disappointed with our cruise earlier this month on Azamara Quest. We had joined the Journey in Singapore two years previously for an Asia cruise and seriously ,you would not find greater ambassadors for the brand than us! We told all our friends how wonderful it was ,and encouraged so many people to check it out. This time however ,the experience was so different. Our main disappointment was the stateroom.We generally book a balcony cabin. Last year we enjoyed a suite upgrade as past cruisers on Holland America. As we booked at the last minute ,only Ocean View category was available. Well,looking straight into a lifeboat with absolutely no Ocean in view at all is a total rip off. The cabin was very small and no couch / chair to sit on. Upon boarding in Darwin ,my husband had to carry both our large suitcases onto the ship......no baggage handlers ???? Poor service indeed. As past cruisers I saw a notice for a cocktail party for past guests. I asked if this applied to us? They said to go along, but an invitation as others had received would have been welcome ( even a late one ) We didn't bother. The staff were fabulous ! Full marks to them. We ate most nights in the specialty restaurants as the main dining room had very limited offerings. Will we go back to Azamara? No , their loss is Holland Americas gain. My husband's first choice anyway ,as he finds the entertainment so wonderful on Hal.

Not so Amazing Azamara

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Riviera cruiser

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Australia & New Zealand
  • Cabin Type: Club Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)
My husband and I love cruising, and have just enjoyed our 20 th cruise.

This time however ,the experience was so different.

The staff were fabulous ! Full marks to them.

Will we go back to Azamara?

Riviera cruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Quest price drops

Club Oceanview Stateroom (obstructed view)
Cabin 08 4060
At no stage during the booking process were we informed that our Ocean View was " obstructed "!
On researching this cabin I saw that it was indeed inside the lifeboat area. Was very small and didn't even had a chair or couch as Inside cabins had.
I phoned Azamara ( Guatemala call centre ) and whilst my request / plea for a genuine ocean view cabin was graciously listened to, and a follow -up emil sent , nothing ensued.
I was horrified to learn on disembarking from the ship that a " couple " who had a falling out during the cruise had been placed in separate staterooms .... The ship had spare ocean view cabins! So much for Customer and previous sailing loyalty !
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins