Arcadia Cruise Review

Arcadia Cruise Review by Horstead

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

The food in the Meridian Restaurant and the service was appalling as was the food in the Belvedere, as a result I have managed to lose 8 lb in weight not what you would expect to lose on a cruise. We did not experience the food in the specialised restaurants as this should not be necessary apart from a special occasion. It would seem that Kersh used these restaurants as the norm so should not really comment about the two main restaurants.

The entertainment was a joke most evenings, the Headliners were very loud and their dance moves were the same each evening they appeared but to different music. The comedians were light relief and the Beatles tribute act was good also Garry Barlow.

The shopping area resembled Primark (for those who have heard of this shop)and they were not flexible on their perfume prices. We loved the little shop which we named the 99p shop because it sold everything and the salesmen were very pleasant.

Who wants to eat Christmas Day lunch at 6.45pm on Christmas Day I certainly don't and neither do I want turkey roll, 2 undercooked sprouts, hard carrots and a pastry parcel which who knows what it contained. I didn't endeavour to find out.

Very, very disappointing. Oh and £75 to see the Captain on the bridge and the behind the scenes of the theatre, I don't think so. Best of luck to those cruisers who are on the Arcadia travelling round the world.

We met some lovely passengers and to them I thank them so much.

Horstead's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin OC E167

Very creaky. Thank goodness we had an efficient cabin steward.

Horstead