Carnival Pride Cruise Review

Rough Ride

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by YOLO4578

• Sail Date: Jan 2016
  • Destination: the Bahamas

If you are someone who is sensitive to motion- BEWARE going out of Baltimore can be rough seas. This was my first time cruising and I spent a majority of the time in my room because I was so sick. I took Dramamine and it didn't help. (I know that's not carnival's fault) but I am just throwing it out there.

One thing I want to say is that I find it annoying that you can't get weather reports. The channel that shows where the ship is gives you winds and stuff but doesn't give you weather. The captain could at least come on and say something about how rough the water is or what to expect if you won't update us on weather... Instead the staff looks at you like you're crazy when you ask because they are used to it. It's like they are trained to give you the same answer- "this is nothing" Maybe they want you to pay for the wifi to get the weather.

The service is not that great. There are language barriers for sure. Room Service is worth the wait..the very long wait. However I wanted to order chicken tenders at 11:30 and they told me it wasn't available yet. Plus the woman who answered wasn't pleasant to deal with either. She could have at least been nice about it. Your menu that is left in your room says nothing about time restrictions. The only thing you ever hear about is "included 24 hour room service!!" Yeah- then right away she's like- NO, not yet. Okay... Sorry I have a kid who wants chicken tenders. It was annoying.

If you ask for anything that is not specifically on a menu- for instance I asked for a southwest omelet-he didn't have a clue what I was saying. I figured that was pretty common. So I had to rephrase and ask for all of the ingredients. I asked for lemon with my water- again blank stare. I asked the deli to make a turkey and Swiss grilled and that I wanted lettuce, tomato and mayo on it (obviously after you grill it) he put everything on it and then attempted to grill it. EW- I stopped him and explained and then he just handed it to me cold. So it's not always easy communicating with the staff.

It seemed to never fail- whenever I wanted to check out the buffet it's closed and switching over.

I paid for 3 soda packages that I should have never wasted my money on. Sodas are not readily available to you. You have to go to a bar to get them. That's annoying because it is a very long wait. Plus when you find a nice place to sit down with your family (not to mention have a 3 year old) you don't want to get up right as you get settled to have to walk all of the way to the rum bar to get your soda. They should have other ways to get sodas. They should have a beverage area set up with the other food on lido deck just for people to get non alcohol beverages. SO obviously none of us drank the amount of sodas to even have the package pay for itself because of the struggle to get a soda.

The dinning area is annoying as crap. On days where you are at port- they close at 8:30AM. Okay...but there are a lot of people who don't get off of the boat, especially in Florida. Why do we have to suffer because you don't feel like enough people will be eating brunch that day? It was very inconvenient.. I just wanted to have a nice sit down breakfast with the family...nope.

The eggs on the ship are not edible. I don't know what they are, but I had to spit them out. Breakfast on the ship is crap unless you are eating cereal and fruit. Again, why I wanted to go to the dining for breakfast.

The ship stinks like sewage and in other hallways its a gross fried food smell.

Also-- there is nothing for kids to do on this ship if it is cold outside. Coming from Baltimore...ehh..I don't recommend sailing with children if it's going to be cold.

Dining took too long. Server was very nice...but she was sweating bullets to keep up.

Donkey is kind of annoying. But I get it, he's the "cool guy on the ship" It seems like whenever there is good music playing, he interrupts it. Just let us listen. I feel like I got to listen to music in 15 second intervals.

Guys burgers- pretty good just hard to eat that over and over.

I will probably never cruise again. Yes- I consider myself to be a negative Nancy about this. It sucked for me. Maybe others will have better luck.

YOLO4578's Full Rating Summary

This was amazing and everything that is promised. Lunch was delicious and conveniently close to the beach chairs! I LOVED IT. Perfect.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Freeport

We explored a little but didn't want to take a taxi outside to town.

YOLO4578