3. Costa Fortuna
We've cruised several times in the past. Costa Fortuna is the most unorganized cruised we've ever experience.

We completed all the required on their website (when the site is not crashing) and when we checked in, the information is not there. My husband also registered as a Costa Club member and this was not reflected either.

Dinner seating - we requested first seating at the Michelangelo restaurant. We received confirmation that we did get this request. When we got to our cabin, we were booked for the second seating at the Rafaello restaurant.

Tipping - we've asked to not automatically include the tip on our bill. We've always done this since we want to give the tip directly to the people serving us. This will ensure that the person will actually get the money. Customer service confirmed that they did this. At the end of the cruise, the charge was there. We had to line up at the day of disembarkation to get our bill corrected!

Credit on our accounts - my husband and I both have a credit of $63.00 (fuel charge) each when we arrived. Because we only used my husband's Costa card during our stay, they don't want to apply my credit to the final bill. Result, my husband got the extra charges and Costa is suppose to send me a cheque for my $63.00 - how illogical is this? By the way, I still don't have the cheque.

Tour Office - couldn't not even give us tips on which beach is the best in the port of calls. They are useless unless you book a trip with them. With other cruise ships, the tour office gives you tip or what to do, where to go if you are going on your own and what to avoid. For our Nassau stop, we booked a trip with them and 10 minutes later wanted to cancel it. Nope - they don't take cancellations!

Shopping Tips - they recommend stores in each of the ports. The stores that they recommend are not necessarily the best price stores - but the stores who are willing to pay them fees for sending passengers over.

Customer service staff - do not know the first thing about customer service. I'm not sure if it is a culture difference or what, but we found them very rude. When they make a mistake, they are so fast in pointing a finger to the person on staff who made a mistake instead of acting as one company and working on resolving the mistake for the passenger.

Cruise Director - he needs new jokes. He was the cruise director when we sailed with Costa Atlantica 3 years ago and he is still using the same jokes!

I will never recommend Costa Fortuna to anyone.

Fortuna - How unforunate!

Costa Fortuna Cruise Review by apungjoe

I will never recommend Costa Fortuna to anyone.

apungjoe’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Cabin was good. Our cabin steward is excellent. He was very polite and helpful.
  Costa Fortuna Deck Plans