3. Carnival Liberty
I was looking for a cruise where me and my parents and my younger sister would all benefit from. Traveling with a younger sister at the age of 19, My parents, 60 and 49 and myself, 22, was a hard task at hand. I needed to be able to find a cruise line where all needs could be met. The cruise planning was left in my hands.Leaving from Miami, February 7th to the 14th.  Picking the Carnival Liberty was a easy choice for me. Being that Carnival has been branded the "fun ships" and also family oriented, i knew that would be the one. Upon arriving at Miami our port of embarkment, we were immediately checked in. Bags boarded and given our room keys. ( great for families traveling with small children). As i entered the ship, my jaw hit the ground. The beautiful main lobby area filled with smiling faces. I felt welcomed from the first second in. My and my sister headed to our rooms while my parents checked out this resort on water. Now where i made my first mistake ( which is my own) I booked the four of us in one cabin. The Rivera, 1st floor room 1381, is where we would reside for the next 8 days. 2 single beds,2 bunk beds.. bad idea. The rooms are way too small for 4 adults. lots of closet space though, which was a major plus. We managed the sleeping arrangements. Not much time is spent in the cabins. The ship was huge. The Lido deck. ( mine and i can speak for the rest of my family, when i say) was our favorite deck. 2 pools, 1 on each end of the ships deck. We always unloaded by the main pool.Tons of lounge chairs. rocking chairs. a full out door movie screen. bar,2 hot tubs, big water slide, mini golf, buffet lines, self serve ice cream. Great. Now i am my parents are smokers. one side of this out door haven is a smokers area, the other non-smoking. Works well. We had 3 fun days at sea, which where spent on the Lido deck. Games for kids. Games for adults. Hairy chest competition (where my sister was picked as a judge) was hysterical. The deck hosts where so much fun. They made our fun days at sea, actually really fun. I picked the late seating for our dinning time. 8:15, Perfect time. the early seating at 6, doesn't give people much time to get ready ,especially coming from ports of call. Our 8:15 dinners were always great, Our waiter Osmond and assistant waiter Geza where amazing. They made every night so much fun. We sat at a table of jut the four of us. Osmond and Geza made us feel as if we were there only table every night. A show was put on i believe 5 nights. The waiters and waitresses sang and danced and made a regular dinner in to a musical extravaganza. Our after dinner ritual was Stopping at the lido deck, where i would meet up with friends i had made, relax and then hit the casino. I won $200 in there on a quarter slot. Lots of fun and music and dancing. Clubs where also located around deck 5, The Promenade. Teen clubs and Kids clubs. Always packed with kids seeming to be having a great time. Which is a great place to send pre-teens off for a few hours while adults can enjoy some fun of their own. There also are tons of shows for both kids and adults. I went to a Adult hypnosis show. Dirty. not that good. 24 hour pizza and icecream always there on the trusty Lido deck if i was ever hungry. I loved not having to use cash. The room keys acted as a credit card. Which can do some damage if your using dad money like i was. Overall The cruise was a blast. We got home about 2 weeks ago and we cannot stop talking about it. I keep in touch with people i met and will never forget the fun i had. From the room service, the towel pets on my bed every night. The entertainment, The Movies under the stars at night. The formal captains night, The food, the ports of call.. Carnival Liberty was the best vacation so far. Never a dull minute. I had a blast down to the last minutes on that ship!

Carival Liberty- Truly a wonderful experence!!

Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by surgicaltech

surgicaltech’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Hall ways were quite. Big closets. Cleaning crew always helpful. My room was always left spotless when they were done,& always had a cute towel animal on my bed along with tomorrows ship events and shows.
  Carnival Liberty Deck Plans

• San Juan
    San Juan PR. We docked ship at 5 p.m . San Juan was a disappointment. I don't know if it was because of the time we ported or what, but my dad didn't even get off the ship. My sister, mother and i took a tour of Old San Juan and headed back to the ship about 8 P.m. My dad wasn't happy in the least that we even got off because he was fearful of the crime he was told about in San Juan. I did not see anything bad , mainly because we didn't go in to a poverty stricken area. Its all on where you go. I thought San Juan was a very beautiful place, i just felt jipped on really getting a good experience, once again because of the time.
    View All 3,845 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Maarten
    Amazing, Highlight of our vacation. Day 5 took us to St. Maarten. Blazing sun. Steel drums. Shops, great food. beautiful turquoise colored water. white sands. GREAT. A better deal as far as transportation. $6 all day non stopped water taxi to and from ship or shops. We again picked the beach which was a 5 minute water taxi ride way. Getting on St. Maartens beach was nice. You will get swarmed with very sweet people selling bags and hats and hair braiding. I am a big kid and needed my hair braided. I got 4 braids in the front. $1 a braid. Not bad at all. My dad bought about 6 very nice shirts with out even leaving his chair. My mom bought a nice big beach bag as did my sister. The sand was very shelly. my feet were hurting after 4 minutes in the water, but you will learn to deal when to look around at where you are. Living in New Jersey and standing in nearly clear 70º water, under a 90º sun in St. Maarten, i dealt with the painful sand. When i got too hot, about 10 ft always was ice cream shops. bars and if your hungry.. food every where. Also tons of shopping. I did also see someone walking with a McDonalds bags so good ol' american food is at arms length.
    View All 4,778 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's St. Maarten Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    The 4th days port of call, St Thomas. Docked at 7 a.m, Breath taking. Taxis everywhere to take you anywhere. We wanted to hit up the beach. So Megans beach was our pick. A amazing bus ride to the top of a mountian, Led way to the most heart stopping view of the port where 3 other ships and ours were docked. Blue and teal waters. Once arriving to the beach (which coast about $30 for the 4 of us to take 1 way) we spent about another 30 on lounge chairs. Megans beach was flawless but small. There was over 200 people there and we were on top of one another. Reguardless, still amazning. Food was sold there. We did not get anything. After we were Done with the beach. and another $30 taxi bus ride back to the ship, we all did some shopping. Shopping in St. Thomas is the best. Duty free everything. jewlery, cigarettes, everything. I bought picture frames, tee shirts, jewlery, you name it i bought it. My father bought my mom a 3Ct sapphire white gold ring.. ( knock out deal). Everything. Liquor.. Cant tell you a thing about. My family doesnt drink so we didnt look to buy any, but tons of people did. No issues bring on the boat but as far as be abble to drink it on the boat. No go. They take it and hold it until the cruise is over. So beware.
    View All 4,718 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews