3. Island Princess
I had always wanted to do the canal cruise, so when my husband found it and asked me the answer was a definite YES. We booked the cruise three weeks out so the price we got (oceanview/obstructed E-331) was such a deal we would have been stupid not to do it. This was our 13th Princess cruise (People refer to me as a Princess snob). I loved the layout of the ship once I got used to it. It is so much different than any other ship. We were centrally located near the Internet Cafe and the Library (what a nice library). The food in the dining room had a lot of Caribbean flavor infused. I tried a lot of the selections and found them very good. Both myself and husband love Italian night. The food in the Horizon Court was very good. I liked that it was in the front of the ship so you had excellent views. The entertainment was was very good. There was only one comedian that I return to his second show. The ventroliquist was just fantastic, and the singer who sang Nat King Cole/Motown was also wonderful. Also good piano players/singers. (I bought one of John Bressler's CD's as I liked him that well).His voice was gravelly sounded a lot like Rod Stewart who I adore. We love to play trivia and played every afternoon with the same three ladies so that was a lot of fun. What I didn't like: After a few days our toilet didn't want to flush, but that was fixed promptly. The International Cafe...a favorite place and it was missed terribly as on other ships I would always have lunch there. The awful coffee (it is like drinking hot brown water) that is served in the Horizon Ct. and Dining rooms. I went down to the bar on the Plaza Deck and demanded that my Princess Coffee Mug be filled with good coffee in the morning. I got it free. (but I also always buy a coffee card) (Even the bar tenders know that the coffee in the Horizon Ct. sucks. The other complaint that with the added cabins the dining rooms were VERY CROWDED especially on the formal nights, we waited at least 45 minutes and were given a buzzer to let us know when there was room(We did Anytime dining.) Other than that I loved the cruise, going through the canal was such an adventure...had it not been so HOT and HUMID would have been more pleasant, but you can't control the weather and I adjusted pretty well.

New Favorite Ship

Island Princess Cruise Review by bestnana2007

bestnana2007’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OV E-331
It was fine....At least the closets and the shelves were much bigger than on the Grand Princess.
One drawback was that the life that was always used as a tender boat was in front of our window, and it was pretty noisy when they removed it (at 6:30 in the morning.)
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins