3. Carnival Valor
We stayed at Best Western on Cocoa Beach the night before our cruise. Dropped our rental car off and was then taken to the port by the rental company. Once there we had Faster to the Fun and was able to board right away and drop off our carry ons in our room. We were located on deck 8 in an aft extended view balcony and just loved it. Lido deck was right above us with the adult pool right above us, hardly heard any noises at night. The ships decor is outdated and needs refurbished and hopefully will get it sometime this year as scheduled. As far as activities: Lots of BINGO, trivia, shopping ideas, art auctions, and of course gambling in the casino. Service was not too bad. Our cabin stewardess made sure we had ice as I requested this. I was a little disappointed with our head waiter as the very first night he seemed to rush us quite a bit. As the nights went on he got better. We docked in Amber Cove which is still being built and did an excursion there. The excursion could have been shortened a bit so we had time to enjoy the port but instead we got back just in time to board the ship. St. Thomas is very beautiful with good beaches. San Juan we just walked around Old San Juan and toured the city. Ate at Barrachina's where the pina colada was invented so of course we had one of those. Food was excellent and I highly recommend you stop and see the place. Last port was Grand Turk. Small island with not much to do so a great beach day was had at Jack's Shack, just a short walk down the beach. Had some incredible Jerk chicken there. The dining was good. The buffet was just that a buffet. Nothing special. The pizza place open 24 hours was so-so. The deli open late was made to order so it was good. The Mongolian grill was excellent, also made to order. Food in the dining room was decent but not as good as I remember in the past. Scarlett's steakhouse was worth the $35 per person. The food and the experience was great I highly recommend the Green eggs and ham breakfast even though it costs extra. For lunch there is also a fish and chips place which was pretty good and a burrito bar I never tried. The entertainment was upscale and good. Disembarking we had faster to the fun and got off fairly early. Quick to get through customs. Overall I would recommend this ship to anyone young and old. We had a blast!

Older ship, needs update

Carnival Valor Cruise Review by dfranks005@woh.rr.com

• Sail Date: January 2016
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony

The entertainment was upscale and good.

Overall I would recommend this ship to anyone young and old. We had a blast!
dfranks005@woh.rr.com’s Full Rating Summary