3. Norwegian Jade
Maybe we were going in with so many preconceived ideas that cruises were the best thing since slice bread? We just found this Cruise just okay! There wasn't lots wrong, it just didn't really meet outstanding expectations? First, everytime I called Norwegian with questions, I was informed that since I did not book directly with Norwegian they cannot help me. Even on the Ship, with questions pertaining to Shore Excursions which again, I was always told that they were unable to help me. I just think, no matter how a person booked the travel, that person is now a Customer of the cruise line but with that kind of customer service, I guess not. We booked the Norwegian Airport/Port shuttle. Our Airport-Port shuttle was so late and we drove around IAH several times, we were 2.5 hours later than the original shuttle time. I wouldn't book a cruise shuttle again, just take a taxi. Everything was EXTRA, drinks, wifi, etc. I didn't mind paying the Service charge with the idea that it eliminates the Gratuities, but if you order a drink you are automatically charged 18% gratuity. I purchased the Specialty meal package automatically charged the gratuity but when they print you out the bill, it has a line for extra gratuity. Always with the hand out. ALL the food was GOOD, no matter where you ate, good selection! The Port and Shore excursion process was a bit tedious with very little information. Again, asking for information to a Norwegian employee the response was always, you did not book through Norwegain, I cannot help you. The Cozumel port was the easiest as they ship docked and you did not need to take a Tender. We did speak to other 'cruisers' and many of them veterans of the cruise vacations but each one of them recommended Carnival.

Just Okay