Azamara Quest Cruise Review

Azamara Quest is Definitely NOT a 5.5 Star ship.

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Inlyk

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Club Oceanview Stateroom

My wife and I have just returned home from a Christmas/New Year cruise and I would like to provide you with some feedback about the Azamara Quest.

Azamara Quest is classed as being 5.5 star; believe me, it is most certainly nowhere near that. We have travelled on most cruise lines and we know what’s 3, 4, 5 and 6 star. We had an Ocean View cabin and it was nowhere near adequate. It was way too small. Everything about it was low grade and tired looking. As to the shower, I have a drawer for my handkerchiefs that is bigger. I weigh 150 pounds and I'm 5’5” tall and I’d hate to think how some of my much bigger cruise mates on the same deck were able to shower. Looking out the window, it and the ship generally, looked as if it was held together by umpteen coats of paint. The cabin’s only saving grace was the way it was cleaned and kept by the room stewards. Full marks for that.

The meals were an almost total disappointment. One wouldn’t run out of fingers on the one hand counting the number of meals that were up to cruise ship standard during the entire 14 days. Again, the service was top class, but the meals were generally not up to the standard expected from any cruise. This opinion was shared by the many people we befriended, even one staying in the Owner’s Suite.

The evening entertainment, except for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve, was generally below average.

In short, I would proffer that Cruise Critic advise customers better by suggesting a 3 - 3.5 star for Azamara Quest. Even at the special price available to Australian cruisers, this cruise was way overpriced. Needless to say Azamara is off our list at any price and I wouldn’t recommend it. However, to be fair, I also noted some British cruisers expressed a curious affinity for the ship. Maybe it’s the complimentary (prepaid rather) bar.

Inlyk's Full Rating Summary

Club Oceanview Stateroom

Too pokey. Tiniest oceanview cabin in my experience.

Cairns

Been many times before. Great place. You seem to have left out Port Douglas. which is a great little town. Rating 5.

Inlyk