3. Majesty of the Seas
We booked this cruise in early October when we had time off of work during this week and our kids were off school. We could only do a 4 day cruise and living in Florida makes it easy to drive to the ports. I read several reviews and became very nervous about picking this ship. We sailed 2 times on Disney Wander when our kids were younger, I sailed on a 4 day with Carnival for a work conference, and Enchantment of the Seas once with my husband out of Port Canaveral. Arriving at the port once inside, everyone at Royal greeted us and wished us Happy New Year, very friendly crew. My son had worn a college tshirt and we received VIP treatment to check in at one line since an employee saw my son and loved the same college team. We thought that was so nice and he enjoyed the attention. Right when we boarded the ship, we decided to purchase the beer and wine package, which also included non alcoholic drinks. It ended up to be a good deal for us. We would have spent more on our own if we did not purchase it. In addition, we brought 2 of our favorite bottles of wine for dinner. They corked it for us for free, just remember to bring a wine opener. Our room was very small but clean. We stayed in 4588. Our cabin steward took excellent care of our room and he was very friendly. We felt like it was "camping on water" with our 4 bunk beds and small bathroom it made it a real family bonding experience and we enjoyed many laughs. During the day the 2 upper bunk beds are hidden so the room looks like it accommodates 2. Food was hit our miss, really just average. We enjoyed the Windjammer dinner buffet 2 nights. We ate two evenings in the fine dining. Our first night the food was good steak and lobster, the last night we tried the lamb shank it was recommended by our waiter and it was salty and not good. I noticed the food in the dining room is never hot. Servers work hard and it's not their fault. Kids loved Johnny Rockets and enjoyed the windjammer lunch buffet. None of us liked the breakfast buffet. My son loved the rock climbing, and my daughter and son played ping pong, and spent a lot of time in the arcade after dinner. Kids also enjoyed the pool. Our most favorite event was renting a cabana at the private island. I highly recommend it. We had an ocean front view of our ship. It included a private lunch buffet which was more upscale, food was excellent and the service. She delivered a fruit platter and bottle waters to our cabana. It also included snorkeling gear for 2 and rafts for everyone. Private island is gorgeous and we purchased the water slide excursion and the obstacle course on the water. They had a blast! We loved the finale show the last night, the international Ceremony of Flags by the Crew, and the pool events. We also ended up with great photos from the photographers very fun memories to share and keep. My husband enjoyed the casino for an hour each night. If you are looking for a long weekend get away you will enjoy this smaller ship. Overall, the staff did a great job and we had a great time!

Enjoyed our New Year's Cruise; don't let other bad reviews keep you away!

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by LisaT14