Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by DeputyDawg46

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

All on cruise was great with the exception of the drill on first day. During drill on first day there was a employee who was extremely rude. My wife could not stand for long periods and when asked about checking in and where we could sit told us she would check my wife in but I'd have to be at assigned point. When I explained that my wife did not want to be separated from me during a drill she became belligerent and extremely rude telling me I had no choice but to separate. When I asked her name she refused to tell me and put her hand over her name tag when I tried to photograph it. She checked my wife in and returned her card but never told her where to go. So my wife who wanted to be with me under these conditions came and stood with me in a lot of discomfort. EXTREMELY rude!! If she had done nothing wrong then why hide her name?! When discussed with Management they seamed to make excuses for her. She worked in the bar in the Windjammer.

Ralitsa Naumova, the head waiter, who, when she found out the wife was Romanian coordinated to have a different Romanian food almost every evening in the formal dining room. She was outstanding and professional in every aspect. Made for a pleasant and unexpected dining experience.

There were many Kids running and making noise in halls and stairs. No control and safety issues.

We reported to Farrah Casanova who worked in the dining room that the nearby women's bathroom commodes weren't flushing. Although busy, Farrah found time to immediately pick up the phone and dial the maintenance number on the ship and let someone know about that problem. She was also working very hard when I saw her in the Windjammer helping people, cleaning after everyone, and interfacing with them.

Catalin from the Windjammer did an outstanding job always professional and helpful.

Tonya in Future Cruises did an outstanding job in working with out requirements.

Sound in theater extremely loud. It is a theater not a concert!! We had to wear ear plugs each night. But the shows were great.

The Dining experience was great. Great service.

DeputyDawg46's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin L 9587

This room is in an excellent location as it is midway on deck 9, port side. The hallway on deck 9 is wider than the other decks. There was no noise from other floors and overall was quite.

Labadee

Not much to do here if your not into water sports. No where to just walk for any distance.

Falmouth

A lot of people hassling you and a dirty place. There are a lot of places to walk but getting off the main area is a risk. There is a library in town about a mile down the shore line that has free wifi.

Cozumel

There are many shops and a lot of area to walk on the main street. Depending on your port there you can walk for several miles in either direction and relative feel safe.

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Nice parking garage and some local hotels will give you discount coupons but you may have to ask for them.

DeputyDawg46