3. Freedom of the Seas
This cruise was a back-to-back cruise and when being guided by a RCCL representative thru Customs the process is broke. There was a lot of not sure what to do and where to go. As many times as RCCL does it you'd think it would be smoother. Slow, unsure of what to do, etc. And why make people wait for late comers who don't get there at the right time to start the process? Many back-to-back people were allowed to go to their rooms before 1300 on the new boarding day, but we were not allowed to do so. The attendant monitoring the entry to rooms on 9th floor refused to let us go in at 1240. Broke!! On tender coming from Coco Cay they let people on top off first and bottom tier had to wait while many people from top tier took their time and had no sense of urgency. If they merged top and bottom it would not be too crowded and would be faster. People on bottom would not have to needlessly wait. Or maybe rotate some from each tier and those not in a hurry can take their time. Server in main dining attitude and demeanor was didn't care. Due to changes by people at our assigned table (465) we were taken on 2nd night to another table where the family didn't want anybody else and then moved to a final table (304); catered to the original folks and directed most of attention to them as if we didn't exist. Every night our table was served our main course while most of the dinning was eating dessert or leaving. It was at that time the staff started their show of singing and dancing and all while we ate our main mean while everyone was singing and screaming. Of course as we're eating our meal and need more drink the waiters are running around singing and dancing. We were not given the same courtesy of eating in peace as 90% of the guest there were given. One of the worst dining experiences we have ever had!! Assistant waiter was excellent and with good attitude, but would never remember our repeated choices, like bread, coffee, etc. She would always take time to talk to people while holding the bread tray uncovered as she and guest are talking over the bread while we waited to receive some. Sound in theater too loud. Had to wear earplugs each night. It is a theater and not a concert. The Vegas Tenors that played one night should be named the Vegas Screamers. More screaming than singing. Shows by RCCL singers/dancers were great. The Comedians joke on the opening night show about a penis was not appropriate for all the families and kids there. Faycal Jamballah was the head waiter from the table where we sit after changing three tables. He was very accommodating, professional and friendly, but never really resolved any issues. Melvin James, Guest Services Officer, was outstanding in resolving several issues/concerns that we had. Several times I had to talk to Guest Services and Mr. James was always instrumental in helping. Very professional and always with a positive attitude. On New Year's Eve formal dining, deck 3, the party sounders were covered on a table by the entrance and when guest at our table requested to get some they were denied. Subsequently, several other guests from various other tables went and retrieved some of them without being challenged and sitting back at their table. Even had a guest walk in and take some and leave. My point is the rules should apply to everyone. No one monitored the distribution. It took almost 1.5 hours to get our main course. By then most people had finished their meal and had went and got noise makers which they were using while I ate my formal meal!! This was probably the best meal I would get outside of a specialty restaurant and we had to eat it in a loud and party atmosphere in formal dining!! Notwithstanding that I observed numerous children pick up sounders from the table that had them and blow into them only to lay them back on the table to pick another color. This is a health issue!! There was NO ONE monitoring the table for distribution. I had a clear view form my table. We got our dessert at 1925! Of course by then there was very much noise and by the time we left there were no more party sounders. They were all taken with people taking handfuls of them. Extremely disappointed in service and atmosphere for a formal dining. Again, probably the worst dining experience we have ever had!! Although, the red coats and black coat management in the dining room listened when I discussed this with them, but I felt as though they really didn't care about the issues I've outlined and only were paying lip service.

Poor Dining Service

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by DeputyDawg46

Shows by RCCL singers/dancers were great.

DeputyDawg46’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

This cabin is small but adequate. There seamed to be noise that is echoed in between the walls from other floors. Although there were rooms above and below you could hear chairs being moved at some location that was being channeled through the walls. Very faint you could hear what seamed like a telephone ringing all the time. Maintenance was called and could not figure it out. Storage space in this room is not as much as other inside rooms on the ship. However, location is good for the dining areas. You have the formal dining several decks below you and the Windjammer two decks up and all on same end of ship.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans