3. Britannia
Our first cruise and first time away at Xmas. We had two adjoining balcony cabins (wife and me in one and sons 21 and 18 in the other). Cabins were mid ships (F420 deck 9). Balcony divider opened between the rooms. We had a great view, unobstructed by life boats, and mid ship so close to lifts and main facilities below and above. We set high standards as this cruise was a lot of money but we were not disappointed. The accommodation, staff, food and entertainment were excellent. We were not overly impressed with some of the islands especially Jamaica (Ochio Rios) and the areas around the port in Grenada. Some of the other though were beautiful. We had the freedom pass so we could have flexible eating times. Well worth it. We heard several more experienced cruisers complain about the busy lifts and design of the ship but as first timers we have nothing to compare against. It was a very expensive holiday and I'm not sure overall the experience was any better than a much cheaper family holiday in Mexico (Xcaret is my favourite) for example, but we are pleased we tried it and had a terrific time.

Fantastic Xmas Cruise

Britannia Cruise Review by LesLamb

Our first cruise and first time away at Xmas.

We had the freedom pass so we could have flexible eating times. Well worth it.

LesLamb’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Britannia price drops

Cabin F420
Large enough with good space on the balcony. Enough storage and good shower.
Our Cabin Steward (Vincent Gomes) was one of the nicest guys you could wish to meet.