3. Explorer of the Seas
I`ve cruised quite a bit with RCI and always enjoyed but this trip had a few negatives for me. Ship was good although RCI need to rethink the entertainment on offer each day and night including the headliner acts- seems like its the same old same old all the time. Sick of trivia, napkin folding and bingo being the daily staples. Best show by a long shot was the Ice Show, excellent! and if you`re a loyalty member don`t miss the extra show they put on for you as a welcome back. Again excellent. My family are I are FlowRider addicts and on this cruise the line up was out of control! So disappointing that they didn`t put on extra times for us all. Or as they do on USA cruises make an extra session for those who can load themselves earlier in the morning. The line up was up to 36 people on a regular basis and even more on some days. In a two hour session you got 3 goes. I don`t think I will ever cruise in or near to school holidays ever again for this reason alone. Good points of the cruise- All service was good around ship-staff in MDR were excellent, Ravi and Carlito top marks for service.Diamond Lounge was fantastic - excellent service from Jorge, Anca and Arneil. 2 Ports were good although I must say Noumea was a disappointment. Embarkation was long , probably due to the Norovirus being around the cruise before. 1 hr line up to get on.

Nice Cruise, Not Excellent, Though

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by Jayann1

Jayann1’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Cabin was good and as expected for a balcony. Great steward Sikou.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans

• Isle of Pines (New Caledonia)
    Its nice just to wonder around the lagoon and bay area and swim, sunbake and snorkel
    View All 238 Isle of Pines (New Caledonia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Isle of Pines (New Caledonia) Cruise Port Review
  • Hop on Hop off bus
    This is just a 20 min run up the bay towards Duck Island. YOu can get off at certain stops and back on again whenever you like. It is about 20 mins between buses arriving at the stations. It cost $15 AUD each so not that good value for a family of 4.
    Not that good actually. If you`re on your own or a couple it might be worth taking it to get to Lemon Bay or to the water taxi to get to Duck Island, but if you have a family I`d book a rental car next time and site see wherever I wanted to. Would`ve been a better choice for us although the weather was really lousy when we were there.
    View All 12,988 Hop on Hop off bus Reviews