3. Norwegian Jewel
My husband and I are avid cruisers but had never cruised on Norwegian before. We were taking our children and grandchildren on this cruise and thought that Norwegian would be a wise choice as much seemed to be offered for all ages and it left from our home port of Los Angeles. It felt clear to us that the majority of employees were not happy about working over the Christmas season, it was palpable as employee after employee was either blatantly rude or merely dismissive save for a couple of exceptions. Initially we were looking forward to the many dining options. After eating in the Italian Restaurant the first night (for a price), we changed our mind. The food was inedible and nobody seemed to care. The buffet smelled like a hospital cafetaria and the food tasted similar. The only thing I found that was tasty were the french fries. It was impossible to get reservations at any of the other restaurants except for Teppanyaki which was passable (also at a price). We had some problems with service at guest relations, who communicated that they could not solve our problems and we would have to take them up with customer service on our return. My husband spent 45 minutes on the phone trying to speak to a live person on our return. Unsuccessful, he emailed his complaint and received an email in return, telling him to expect a response within 15 days!!!!!!

Never sail with Norwegian.

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by bessres

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

bessres’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB
We had one suite and 2 balcony cabins for our family. The balcony cabins are remarkably small and all the cabins were tired and not very clean.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins