Just back from our Christmas and New Year cruise and yet again we absolutely loved it. As per usual,you can't please all of the people all of the time and I accept some people favour other cruise lines but I can honestly say some people moan for the sake of moaning. I could fault barely anything and in response to the previous critic, we do NOT cruise with P & O simply because of the name, if that was the case,we would cruise with Cunard. A very few minor details could be improved on, the furniture on the Atrium deck on the slightly higher level does need replaced, can't say my holiday was ruined because of that!! Secondly some of the cleaners are a bit haphazard but only two places did I notice this on the entire ship, one was in Le Club and it was the shelf below the window and the second was the cleaner cleaning the tables on deck 6 with a very wet cloth and not drying them after but again,not a huge issue that ruined our holiday. We pay a lot to do these Christmas cruises as we choose to book a mini suite, I'm not boasting, just letting other people know that if the ship was THAT bad, we would not choose to cruise with P & O again. The food was splendid, the cabin fantastic and the staff were all amazing. I do agree re the poor entertainment, we don't bother with Footlights or Starlights but choose to sit and listen to the entertainers in the bars, one singer and guitarist was very good but his repetoire never seemed to change and most of his songs were slow. What P & O need is some good foot stomping music, like Irish or Scottish folk, just for a change, the female singers were abysmal and we actually had to leave a bar because of the poor vocals and off key singing but again, we don't go cruising for the entertainment but we heard a lot of people raving about some of the shows, so again, it all comes down to taste. The food was fantastic, I'm vegetarian and every night without fail, the head waiter came to take my order for the next night (I needed to pre order from a separate menu) My husband who ate from the normal menu said all his meals were fab, yet some people continually moaned, I really have no idea about what. One couple we spoke to (who were loving their cruise) said they were at a table where one couple had a note pad and she was telling her husband to note down that the peas were too hard, oh dear, I nearly choked on my wine when told that, how hilarious. Christmas day, we had a slight hiccup as our table was double booked, due to some people ignoring the times they were allocated, anyway, we did mention it to reception and immediately the manager, Lawrence came to see us, he couldn't apologise enough and gave us a bottle of wine and made sure we got our table for two every night without having to wait (we were freedom diners) 5 star service. We also needed to get a plumber to our loo as it was filling up with water too much, same day, problem fixed. So, don't be put off by the minority of complainers, we're as fussy as they come and if this was a truly awful ship, we would not be using her again but as it is, we already have her booked for this coming Christmas and New year, can't wait to see the spectacular fireworks in Madeira again. Well done P & O

Ignore the moaners.

Oceana Cruise Review by jaypo63

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Mini Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower

The food was splendid, the cabin fantastic and the staff were all amazing.

Well done P & O
jaypo63’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Oceana price drops

Mini Suite with Balcony and Bath/Shower
Cabin BA B403
Always clean and fresh, well done Abin
  Oceana Deck Plans