3. Disney Wonder
This was our second, and last, cruise on Disney. I'm tired of Disney's "do it our way or no way" attitude. It started with reservations. They would not honor my request to be located on the same deck as my daughter's family. We were located five decks away on the opposite side of the ship. Reservations didn't even attempt to lie to me and say, "we'll try, but can't guarantee it." Poor customer relations training there. Disney cruises are generally overpriced and their level of service does not justify paying a premium price. In service and accommodations, Disney cruise lines does not stand out from other cruise lines, yet they have an unjustified attitude of superiority. We can't complain about our personal staff on board however. Our room stewart was very attentive, fast and efficient. Our wait staff was great and very attentive. The itinerary for the three-day cruise should be redone. Nassau is not much fun especially with five cruise ships in port. Castaway Cay is excellent, but always crowded at the family beach. Get there early to stake out your spot. The food was okay, but not exceptional. The kids meals were very poor quality. Bar service was very good. The drink waiters were excellent and had a great attitude. Entertainment was lacking for adults. If you don't have kids, don't go to the shows. However, the Disney movies offered in their theaters were new and appealed to adults and kids. I must be invisible because I was never asked by management, i.e. higher wait staff, guest services, anyone in uniform, if I was happy with my food, the bar service, my stateroom or anything else. I was not a valued guest. The only chance I had to offer my feedback was a written survey. You would think someone would attempt to communicate with you to seek your opinion. It's just good customer relations. The Wonder has a tired look. The staterooms are well worn by now and have some maintenance problems. Our bathroom door would not latch so you had to use the lock each time to keep it closed. Embarkation was very fast and efficient . The debarkation, including customs, was the best I have ever experienced. Disney does excel in this area.

Disney, The Overrated Cruise Line

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by ltcjdc

• Sail Date: February 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside Stateroom
The food was okay, but not exceptional. The kids meals were very poor quality.
ltcjdc’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages Under 3
Ages 7 to 9
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Standard Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11C 2015
I was surprised that it was not a bad location.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins