• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Jan 2016
Cabin: Interior Upper/Lower
Traveled with children

Our trip included our family of 4 including our son and daughter who were 4 and 6 at the time of the cruise. Before the trip began, it didn't start off well. We booked over the phone with Carnival and were told we were going to receive a $75 shipboard credit. After booking, I checked and we had only received $65. $10 wasn't that big of a deal, but I called to see what had happened. My experience with their customer service went down hill from there as they called me a liar and said no one ever told me I would be getting $75.

It took me suggesting they listen to the recording and get back to me, for them to do that. It should have been something they suggested instead of offering no apology and something like, "we're sorry you must have misunderstood." A couple of days later I received a sheepish call from customer service saying they had added the $10 to my account. That said, I think they felt bad, because when we got on board we had a $120 credit.

We drove from Central Florida to Miami to get on the ship. The embarkation process was quick. We did not buy the $49 upgrade to get on early. We arrived at 12 noon and pretty much got right on after going through the lines.

Interior Upper/Lower

Cabin 1A

Adequate, but too close to the engine and we could feel all the vibrations. Next time will chose mid-ship if we book early enough.

Port Reviews

Nassau

We chose to explore on our own since we had been there before. We took the kids to the Queen's Staircase, one of Fort Fincastle, the Straw Market, shopping on Bay Street and Junkanoo Beach. Kids had a good time. We walked everywhere.

Miami

We did not do anything in Miami

3 Helpful Votes