3. Carnival Magic
This was my 6th, 7 Day cruise and it was very good. The food, in both the Main Dining Room and throughout the ship was way better than expected. The staff was fantastic, comedy club was funny and the ports were great. Dolphin "Swim" (not encounter) in Freeport is highly recommended. I also purchased an airport transfer from Hobby (Houston) airport - very easy transition and was one of the first on board - was able to skip the line since I came in with the ship transfer. That being said, here is why I gave 4/5 stars. 1. Too many crew in the Gym. If the weights/cardio machines are packed that's fine, but packed with Crew, that is not what I paid $900/person for. 2. Below average entertainment. The Cruise Director was my least favorite on any ship I was on. Outside of the comedy club, very disappointed with the other shows/entertainment. 3. Automatic 15% gratuity on everything! I understand the reason for it, but I had a 20 minute consultation in the SPA and they added the gratuity. Every drink, every spa package, every picture you buy, everything, automatic 15% gratuity.

Good, but Not Great

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by jscastillo7

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

That being said, here is why I gave 4/5 stars.

jscastillo7’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Interior
Cabin 4H 1454
Above average size - felt much larger than RC's cabins.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins