Royal Princess Cruise Review

Royal Princess Cruise Review by OnVacation11

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

This was my 8th Christmas cruise, 2nd on Royal Princess and 1st solo cruise.

I spend the night before the cruise at Embassy Suites and took their shuttle to Pier 2. There were 8 ships in port that day but our shuttle go to Royal Princess without any delays.

at 11:00am there was a long snaking like at the terminal. Princess person checking the paperwork in the line told me that before I can get to the Priority line, I have to go through the long line 1st. Not believing her, I went to the Priority line and was check in and on board in 15 minutes. Cabin was not quite ready so I dropped off my carry on cases and enjoyed lunch in the dining room.

My inside cabin appeared small upon 1st glance but I got used to it as there was plenty of storage space to put my things away and leave the counter space clean and open. My room steward was excellent as always.

I ate most of dinners in the dining room sharing a table or with friends from previous cruises. Service was fine but sometimes impersonal and slow but I had plenty of time and no specific place to go. The new Curtis Stone always available entries were disappointing, bland and not visually appealing beige creations.

Several nights the Horizon Court had themed dinners which were very nice. Foods was fresh and hot, especially right at 5:30pm when 1st opened.

Ship was decorated for Christmas, there was Christmas music and caroling everywhere. Midnight Mass Service was held in the theater and led by DJ Shea since Princess does not bring clergy on board any longer. Santa arrived on Christmas day with gifts for younger kids. There was a very nice Christmas variety show with various ship entertainers. Also there were plenty of other Christmas themed activities.

Internet service (WIFI) was very good. I checked e-mail on my iPad in the Piazza every morning and got very fast response time even when sending e-mails with pictures attached. One day internet connection was down and my account was credited with the time I tried connecting before finding out there was a ship-wide problem.

Over all a very nice, relaxing Christmas cruise that I came to expect from Princess. Emerald Princess is still my favorite ship and I miss the full promenade deck but Royal will do for now. I am already looking forward to the next Christmas cruise.

OnVacation11's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin IA B412

Sideways interior cabin is small but fine for 1 person. Plenty of storage space. Bathroom was adequate for my needs. Water pressure was fine and temperature was hot but easily adjustable. Quiet hallway.

OnVacation11