3. Legend of the Seas
So like many others I was a bit nervous about reading negative reviews and I as pleasantly surprised - I think some people will never be happy. I travelled as a single and got the balcony as it was only room available booking at the last minute - while a bit of an extravagance I loved being abe to sit outside and also see the ocean every morning. The room was very spacious (some people were complaining that squeezing 3 to a room was too tight but what else would they expect when they are each only paying a third of the price). Room was nice and tidy and clean and well maintained. Bathroom was perfectly fine - I know some people have blogged shower is too small but I think that would only be a problem for someone who is very overweight). Other people have complains they got water on the floor but if you make sure shower curtain is fully closed there are no dramas. The food was amazing. I loved lazy breakfast burritos at the park cafe or some nice boiled eggs and fresh fruit in the windjammer. Lunch I alternated between the restaurant where there are amazing salads (both on the menu or custom made) and getting fresh salads at windjammer. Dinner was amazing (will now spend next two weeks at gym paying for my sins!) - 3 courses and lovely waiters. In the afternoons you can grab an afternoon salad/panini etc from the park cafe - usually accompanied by a cocktail! I wouldn't recommend he alcohol drinks package unless you want to drink a lot everyday. I didn't go for one and I drank a fare amount (1-2 cocktails and 2-3 wine per day and a soda or two) and I still didn't spend as much as the package would've cost. Everyone I spoke to who got the package noted they probably weren't drinking enough to make it cheaper. Also, take advantage of the fact that you can bring on board two bottles of wine per stateroom - nice for Predinner drinks on balcony. I loved the day spa - treatments were fantastic and the gym boot camp (pay extra for this) was well worth it - serious workout! And lazy sessions in the sauna and spa bath were daily essentials. The shore trips were well organised - I loved Lifou - butterflies everywhere in the thousands. Glass bottom kayaking and snorkelling in mystery island is also totally recommended! Kayak is mad completely out of clear plastic. Entertainment was so so, I think on larger ships you get better/bigger shows. Only real criticism I have for the trip was that everything was a big sell eg supposed pamper session was just about selling their skin products, lecture on looking younger was them trying to sell you Botox - that did distract from the cruise. The wifi was pretty limited - I bought the package as I wanted to stay in touch with people but it dropped out quite often. The staff were all gorgeous, nothing was too hard for hem and I have no idea how they all knew everyone's name! All and all totally recommend it.

Great Way to Unwind

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review by Clairebear82

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

All and all totally recommend it.
Clairebear82’s Full Rating Summary