3. Queen Elizabeth
My first ever cruise was on Queen Elizabeth from Kiel, via Bruges to Southampton. Having flown from Heathrow to Hamburg on a Cunard arranged flight, Cunard staff met us by the baggage carrousel and we were coached to Kiel. Boarding was a breeze and it as nice the suitcases were taken off the coach and magically appeared in our staterooms without any involvement from us. I thoroughly enjoyed the cruise experience and was treated like a VIP. It was a fantastic opportunity to wear my Dinner Jacket and dine in the plush Britannia Restaurant for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. I enjoyed seeing everyone else in their refinery on the formal night too, including children who also had suits or dinner jackets. Not everyone realised there was a formal night and guests from out table were leant (free of charge) dinner jackets by the ship. The ship itself was a joy to cruise on and I enjoyed swimming in the pool, relaxing in the Jacuzzi and a back, neck and shoulder massage with a hot paraffin wax to penetrate deeper muscles. Cocktails in the Commodore Club were delicious (especially the Transatlantic Love affair) and we started working our way through the menu although there is so much choice so it would take a World Cruise to have work your way through all the selections. We ended up having molecular martini’s which are finished at the table as we kept seeing others enjoy the experience. Complimentary canopies are served after 18:00 with drinks which makes it an even more enjoyable experience. My travelling companions preferred dining in the Lido at Breakfast and Lunch rather than the Britannia restaurant. They aren’t keen on the traditional dining experience and prefer to help themselves to whatever they fancy and not be limited by the choices in the main dining room. Having said that, we were fortunate to try the upgrade Veranda restaurant one evening and it was such an amazing experience. Both the service and food were exemplary. The bon voyage wine was a lovely touch and the inside stateroom adequate for my needs. I found I spent little time in the stateroom as there was always so much to do and the TV shows the front of the ship by camera so you can clearly see what the weather is like and whether it is light or dark outside. Amazing sunsets and scenery when departing Kiel. Roy Walker was the comedian on one night and he was funny. Afternoon tea was a nice experience. One disappointment were the ships photographers. You had to be in the know about where they would be and the back drops they had available. When I asked for my photo to be taken by myself against the ship at night back drop – they were far from happy that my companions would not join in and became very rude and just snapped a single photo of me without any thought or care which never appeared on the photo PCs.

My first ever cruise was amazing!

Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Gary999

Gary999’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Standard Inside
Cabin IE 6021
The inside stateroom was adequate and big enough for me as a solo traveller using the cabin (companions in the cabin next door as a linked booking), however, how two people would find room for all the clothes to be hung up I am not sure. No noise from anywhere and the room steward was always visible and on hand but never intrusive.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins