3. Brilliance of the Seas
We were on a holiday cruise, our only stop was Cozumel. The ship was sold out on our trip and had a variety of passengers on board. Overall I'd give the cruise 4.5 stars: Service was wonderful, cabin was the best I've ever had, but the food wasn't 5-stars, and that's what drove down the rating for me. The entertainment was stellar, enjoyable for all ages. We dallied, and did not book an excursion before the cruise. When we docked in Cozumel, we went to the excursion desk to get some idea's. Not only were they disinterested in talking to us--despite telling us they were sold out--they were downright rude! No help at all. Wouldn't give us a map, wouldn't give us any idea's of what to do, just a rude and curt "go out on your own and ask someone else". Amazing. Food: We did do Chops one night, which was fabulous (our second night on the cruise). The first night in the main dining room my prime rib was out of this world fantastic. Third and fourth night in the main dining room the food was lackluster. Really a let down. We did the choose your own time dining with a reservation, we had a lovely table for 2 by the window and the service (like I said before) was awesome.

Aft Cabin 9268

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review by DesignerNurse

Food:

DesignerNurse’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas price drops

The aft balcony is HUGE. We had two reclining deck chaises plus a deck chair and a small table and had room to spare. The balcony probably measured 10' wide by 15' deep. Very secluded (nude sunbathing!). Awesome, awesome! Absolutely loved lounging on the chaise and watching the place we just visited disappearing behind us while sipping a cocktail. The room seemed much larger than the usual cruise room--there is a fold out sofa (not a loveseat) and ample storage (I'm sure the room is at lease 5' longer than the standard cabins in this category. The only downside to this room is the hallway to get there : that is the longest hallway ever! No short cuts.
  Brilliance of the Seas Deck Plans