3. Carnival Freedom
This was my wife and my first cruise. We went with her parents, 88 y/o grandmother, aunt & uncle, and another aunt & uncle with their 4 kids. Overall we had a good time on the ship. Here are my thoughts, in no particular order (stream of conciousness): - Could feel the ship moving basically the whole trip, and was very noticeable at times. Took 2+ days to get land legs back - Jase, the cruise director, was AWESOME - The shows and the performers were very good - Our steward was excellent (Oka was his name) - Our waiters for dinner in the Chic dining room were excellent (Petre and Oeleksander) - Food was good (in my opinion). Liked the variety each night. I'm not a picky eater at all, so others may have more to complain about. - Buffet for lunch was meh - Blue Iguana for breakfast was great - Loved Guy's Burger Joint - Ports were good. Summaries below: - Cozumel: We took the boat from Cozumel to the mainland; I would advise against this, as it is a 30+ minute ride in rough seas (for us). We booked what we thought would be an "intense" tour of cave swimming and lagoon snorkeling. It was not intense, and I would have liked longer in the caves. Food at the end was great though! - Isla Roatan: We did our own "excursion" to Little French Key and loved it. Getting to the van to take us there was a bit confusing, though, but we managed. - Belize: did our own tour of Altun Ha, which was great. Even got our grandmother, who needs a wheelchair to get around, to see everything. - Fitness center was small and crowded. Would prefer more free weights, and a separate room for yoga, stretching, etc. - Might have been the weather, or the people on the cruise, but the decks were rarely full, and we could often find chairs. Serenity deck hardly ever had people. The pools were often closed because of the rocking ship. -Christmas service was nice, though would have liked an actual Christmas message - this was cut short at Jase's discretion. - The club at night never had any people, so we weren't inclined to go. Based on talks with other multi-time cruisers, this was likely because of so many families on this cruise. I would cruise with Carnival again, though would look for a newer, bigger ship to deal with the rocking issue we had (and everyone in our family who has cruised before noted was worse than they ever had experienced).

First Time Cruisers

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by michaelandjalisa

- Jase, the cruise director, was AWESOME

- The shows and the performers were very good

- Our steward was excellent (Oka was his name)

- Buffet for lunch was meh

- Blue Iguana for breakfast was great

- Loved Guy's Burger Joint

- Ports were good. Summaries below:

michaelandjalisa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Freedom price drops

Interior
Cabin 4D 6342
Quite small, but that was to be expected. Ventilation was poor (clothes never really dried out). Lighting was somewhat dim. The roof tiles rattled a lot.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins