3. Pacific Jewel
Overall an enjoyable experience. We travelled as a group of 10 with ages ranging from 19 to 90 on the Pacific Jewel from Melbourne visiting New Caledonia and Vanuatu. This is my third time traveling on the Jewel and my 6th cruise.We chose this ship because of the convenience of sailing from Melbourne, our home port. The ship is okay. What you expect from a 3 star ship. The embarkation and debarkation process was very smooth. We got priority check in due to traveling with three elderly relatives. We had an oceanview cabin, midship on deck 9. Our cabin attendants looked after us very well and we had everything we needed. For breakfast and dinner we dined at the Waterfront restaurant on most nights. Food was very nice and service was excellent. For lunch, we ate from the Pantry. Good selection of food. Like the fact that it's not self-serve like on other ships. Dined at the Salt Grill on our final night to celebrate my son's birthday. The food was exceptional, in fact most of us couldn't eat it all. Highly recommend it. Worth the $49 surcharge pp. We participated in most nighttime activities. The deck parties were a highlight and a lot of fun. The themes were Back to School, Bianco and Gatsby. The adult game shows were a lot of fun too. The staff work hard on audience involvement. The entertainment in the Marquee theatre was excellent as well. Two late night adult comedy shows and a range of Broadway style musicals offering something for all ages. The band, Exito were excellent as was the piano player in the Orient. We did two shore excursions booked through the ship; scuba diving and jet boating both in Port Villa. Both were excellent and I can highly recommend. At the other ports, we did our own thing or booked tours off the ship- way cheaper. In summary, we all had a great time. I firmly believe that it's up to the individual to choose to enjoy themselves. Some passengers appeared to spend most of their trip complaining about practically everything which is a shame seeing they're in the fortunate position of being able to afford a holiday. My advice is stop focusing on weaknesses because you'll always find them and focus instead on having a good time. Count your blessings!

Christmas Cruise

Pacific Jewel Cruise Review by Tunnas

Tunnas’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Jewel price drops

Very comfortable and what we expected. Hardly spent anytime in there apart from showering and sleeping.