• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

Water view
Reynaldo!
Jonathan and Bogdan - table 575 King Lear
Water view

Review of Independence of the Seas, December 19, 2015. 5 nights with stops in Belize and Cozumel

Cabin: 1706 - Junior Suite aft, Deck 10 We are a married couple (him 46, me 50).

We drove down and stayed at the Hyatt 66. This had views of the ships coming in but our room did not have a view of IOS. Embarkation was easy – quick cab over and we were on board in short order. I really do not recall waiting in line. I thought that as a Junior Suite/Crown and Anchor member that we had some sort of priority boarding. Maybe I did not see the sign, or maybe that is for the real suite guests or upper tier members. No matter, there really was not a wait. Soon we were onboard and I had a Diet Coke in my hand.

Junior Suite

Cabin JS

Our cabin was a delight. I originally had us midship in a JS, but I kept a watch for open cabins and about a month before final payment, a JS opened up on deck 7 aft. I moved to that room – no extra charge. I kept watching and about three days before final payment - blamo – there was deck ten, JS right in the middle of the aft balconies with no one above us. The Windjammer was above us and we had absolutely no noise from above. Our cabin had lots of privacy. We could see down into the higher level suites, but no one could see into our balcony. The view aft of the wake is something to cherish. My husband liked the wide open view – you could see so much on the sides that you could not normally see in a regular balcony. We ate breakfast there and watched the sun come up. I am completely spoiled now. If I was offered an upgrade to a “real” suite – I would have turned it down. This cabin and the one right next to it – best cabins on the ship in my opinion.

Port Reviews

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Easy embarkation and debarkation (ship had some difficulties with debark - but not port's fault).

8 Helpful Votes