3. Golden Princess
Travelling Solo for 13 nights was one of my biggest concerns. But not a problem as the majority of the pssengers are 60+ and very talkable as opposed to the younger generation with their heads in their phones. I did the traditional dinning, and was placed with 3 other solo travellers. I spent some time with those people on various shore tours. SO it was good that have them as a back up. It was nice to meet up with them at the end of each day over dinner. Now to review the cruise. Had a great outside cabin with limited obsruction. E319. I just loved the layout of the cabin. The desk and chairs were by the window. I spent more time in the cabin than planned as it was so lovely. The room was kept very cleaned by the cabin steward. No complaints about the cabin. I loved getting Room service, no charge although you can pay a gratuity amount if you like. The ship is very big, it took me a good few days to work out the best way to walk to the restaurtants and the theatre. The entertainment at night was really great- The crew show on the last night was a real hoot. The daytime activites were plentiful, enough for everybody. SOme activities in the attrium were too popular (too many people) and I heard of people falling down the stairs trying to view them, like the ballon drop. I loved all the food in the MDR's. The buffet breakfast was pretty much the same very day. The sausages were spicy, so I could never have a sausage for breakfast- no big deal. I loved the "free" pizza's and burgers/chips and Ice creams. I did Princess SHore tours at all ports except for 1 port. Only dissappointed with the Cable care/musuem tour in Wellington. Was a real rip off. I have officially complained about this tour. The rest of the tours were great. Did Hobbiton at Tauranga, Full day train at Akaroa- this has a very long bus journey as part of it, Full day train from Dundedin with the castle at the end. This was probably the highlight of the trains. Just great. Did a 1/2 hour tour of Gisborne. The overall running of the ship is very professional. Everything started pretty much on time. Everything was clock worth perfect. The ship for the first time ever lost power in the middle of the ocean on the way back home. That was exciting, although not so for the Inside passengers. It took a few hours to get back under way but the captain kept everybody up to date. Many of the activities still went ahead where possible. Princess Line is a great cruise line to travel with, and the Golden Princess is a real gem.

Great Cruise Line for Solo Travellers

Golden Princess Cruise Review by leekkerry

leekkerry’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OW E319
E319- I paid for full obstruction, but only had some wires/pole in the way. So a great cabin.
The layout of this cabin is great as the desk and chairs are by the window. Everything is clean and tidy. A lot of mirrors though in the cabin. The big one over the bed is a bit of an overkill I think. I got sick of seeing myself all the time.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins