Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by KruisingKruiser

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

Very excited to go on my 1st RCC Cruise.

Pros:

I was knew to cruising, so few expectations, didn't even look at pictures prior to sailing of the ship, other ships, nor even the upgraded room I paid for.

Certainly the availability to eat all you want/can around the clock, which was nice.

Love the music they played everywhere, it was very timely, tasteful, memorable.

The Schooner lounge was amazing and wanted to hang out there more, but found so many other things do to on the ship (shows, etc...) that I opted for that :)

Amazingly sturdy (perhaps all ships are), but the size of this one being smaller made me wonder just how smooth it would be - it was SMOOOTH (would have liked a bit more roughness so I knew I was actually sailing hahahaaa).

Staterooms were significantly larger than I thought they would be. They were the right size for me not to question it or complain. I was in an upgraded room, but I also spent time in a standard room, and it was only 5% smaller (as advertised)! Very cool/tolerable.

Cons:

1st impressions are everything and I thought it was weird that the floor we boarded smelled like an old English tavern. Evidently, it was due to lack of circulation / air that wasn't yet either turned-on or moving within that section of the boat (this was within the hallways). 30minutes later, it was gone.

Rust around quite a few spots on the ship, but mainly where the old gold-accented finishes were within my stateroom. Made it feel older for sure and after the smell minutes early in the halls, I was not Enchanted lol. NOTE: This ship is going back for an ENTIRE new overhauling in early 2016 and I Knew this ahead of time.

Third night there, I finally got to spend some time at the Schooner Lounge. Wow. How swanky, mellow... it was great for after our 8PM dinner. Arrived around 11PM and enjoyed a drink I had picked up from a bar elsewhere. Tipped the piano man all night until around 12:30PM, which was when I heard the bar tender mention last call. Was not impressed that my simple drink order was refused (1oz of scotch over ice), though it was not yet 1PM, which the Bar Tender used as the rational for not serving. My lady friend who was still walking-up however was served as I sat and awaited her come over to my side of the bar. When I and two others (a male and female) brought this up to the Tender, he said "No More ...It's after 1AM!" When I asked him if my watch was incorrect since it read 12:46, he said "I'm not serving you and that's it." My lady friend and I walked away soon after I asked for his name and spoke to his Manager from my stateroom at 12:51AM). His Manager advised me of their policy and that everything (and other things I will not mention on this forum) were technically done out-of-policy and "he should not have done any of that." This didn't ruin the trip, but certainly ruined the night and my impression of the company image, which I thought was there to serve you and make you feel completely comfortable (within reason).

KruisingKruiser's Full Rating Summary