Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review

Wowsers

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by atf975

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean

I have only ever been on Carnival cruises before. I was excited to try something new. I was very disappointed in this cruise. This was an old ship but I have cruised on old ships with Carnival before and never had these problems. There are only 2 electrical outlets in the cabin. One simply did not work and one didn't have enough power to heat my curling/straightening appliances. I spoke with another girl who said her room was the same. Any girl with frizzy hair knows they don't want to have a hair situation for 7 nights straight on their vacation. But that's what I had. Our steward missed cleaning our room on a few occasions. He would take the extra pillows we grabbed from out of the closet and do who knows what with them so that we just couldn't have extra pillows. He replaced the water in the fridge once. I had to call room service or go upstairs anytime I wanted water. The staff in general wasn't as friendly as Carnival employees. The entire 4th floor where our cabin was smelled like sewage. We had to call twice because our toilet wouldn't flush. And we encountered the same problem the day we were leaving the ship. The food was only borderline ok. Stale bread. Service was terrible and waited long amounts of time in the Windows restaurant to receive food. On Christmas night, we waited over an hour for our entrees and finally gave up and left. We heard a rumor that this was the ship that does the training for new employees which makes a lot of sense. The only things I can say that were better than Carnival were that Norwegian does offer really good deals in terms of free beverage packages so I think that the other cruise lines better jump on board with that soon because even though this cruise wasn't the greatest, I will still prob pick Norwegian next time due to the value. I will just pick a different ship and hope for a better outcome!

atf975's Full Rating Summary

Gorgeous gorgeous beach

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Beach

was a really beautiful beach and Blackbeard's Cove is so beautiful

Nassau

Our excursion got cancelled so we hired a guy to take us around Nassau. Was really great as we saw sections that tourists don't normally see.

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

didn't go here as this was part of the two week cruise and we were on for a week

Ocho Rios