3. Grandeur of the Seas
We were in the Royal Suite. Pro: large space, clean, handsomely done. Cons: electrical switches did not turn on the stated lamp, ceiling light, bathroom light. Faucets in bathroom leaked. Large space with baby grand piano. And, the point of that is? Bathroom had bidet and steam in shower. Again, why? Gut the bathroom and turn it into a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite. Food: Great in specialty restaurants (for extra money, of course). Dining room food was mediocre, at best. Examples: no potatoes in potato soup - warm and broth like; beef stroganoff had no noodles and inedible beef; ice cream wasn't ice cream; Bananas Foster was fake ice cream, cut up banana and some sweet syrup; Xmas day waldorf salad was a shredded mess; turkey was turkey roll; xmas pudding was burned and hard; and so on. Need I say more? Oh, and the "Tiger shrimp" were meager little shrimp - "shrimp" being the best that could be said. Room service food was the from the same kitchen. Poor quality pastries/bread. "Real" OJ cost $5.00 a glass. Mimosas cost extra (reminder: Royal Suite and un "Ultimate" beverage package at $585/person). At Captain's Table, we actually had to pay for dessert port wine! Give me a break! And, methinks that the Maker's Mark bourbon was watered-down. Seriously! And, the cap on a glass of wine was $13 so limited choices. We were at 8pm seating so most of the entertainment was over by the time we finished eating. And, at xmas, no traditional holiday movies (e.g, Scrooge, Wonderful Life). TV stations were very limited (most RC ads). Tons of paper - receipts for drinks; daily bulletins; notices...put it online, guys. Staff was friendly and courteous (although I hate being addressed by my first name unless I tell the person to do so. I was either Mr. Ed or Sir Ed. Now, REALLY?) Overall, despite my comments, we enjoyed the trip - perhaps because of the weather, getting away and returning to Key West. But, for almost $13,000??

Pros and cons

Ed in Baltimore’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Royal Suite - 1 Bedroom
Cabin RS 8500
Large space but some issues (electrical switches did not operate correctly; leaky faucets). Make it into a 2 bedroom suite. Get rid of bidet and steam room (who uses them and how often?)
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins