3. Explorer of the Seas
From all of what I read, I was expecting more. The ship looked old and tired, very Art Deco, out dated. The drinks package was well worth the money, especially when it included bottled water. The bar staff were excellent, they recognised us and had our drinks ready before we had to ask. Any cocktail you could imagine and then some are available, just ask. The entertainment was very ordinary. Matinee shows should have been offered, especially on sailing days. Night time shows were at good times but were not long enough. Service in the dining room was good but felt rushed some nights. VERY disappointed not to be able to disembark at Bay of Islands. Our tender didn't leave the ship until after 3pm, took around 20 to get to port and then another bus ride to town. We would have just got into town and had to turn around and get back to ship. This was very poorly organised. Auckland - I felt as though I was back in Sydney, except for the smell. Picton - very pretty. Wellington - hmmm. Tauranga - best day of all, visited Rotarua, well worth the money for day trip with Cruise Tours. Food in Windjammers - lots of it, but lacked quality. Food in the dining room - not a big choice. Most of the dinners were just like frozen dinners, straight from the microwave, very ordinary. Johnny Rockets - well worth the $6.95, all you can eat from the menu.

I expected more!

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by newygal

newygal’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Cabin was tired looking. Multi million dollar referb didn't include any update on this room. Mould stains in shower. Stains on ceiling. The cabin seemed to vibrate all night. Room attendant, Al, was fantastic.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans