Pacific Eden Cruise Review

Surprisingly Good

Pacific Eden Cruise Review by Sydneycruiser13

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the South Pacific

My family and i sailed on the second cruise for the Eden, and i was pretty worried after reading very negative reviews from the previous cruisers. I don't know what ship they were on because I was pleasantly surprised and the ship was fine. Good even!!

The ship was clean, including public spaces and bathrooms. Of course if you inspect anything closely enough you'll find something wrong, but there were always people around cleaning up.

The food was better than i expected. The pantry does have a decent selection, despite what other reviewers have said. I think the trick is to try different things, instead of going to the same counter every night. I never ate the same thing more than once. Salt grill was great, easily the best food on the ship.

I found the staff to be 99% fantastic and helpful. Most were extremely friendly and i did not think they were lacking in training. Someone mentioned a lack of drinks lists and receipts - I saw both.

There was norovirus and this was unfortunate but is a fact of life. I thought it was dealt with well by staff who stepped up disinfecting efforts and closed the pools.

All in all a good holiday!

Sydneycruiser13's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Interior 5345

Considering we had one of the cheapest cabins it was fine. Squeezing 4 people in was a bit of a stretch but we made it work. Very noisy from the engine but we got used to it!

Sydneycruiser13