3. Navigator of the Seas
I went on Navigator of the Seas December 12 from Fort Lauderdale and sailed for the next 8 nights. I enjoyed having the extra night and day and have previously gone on a 7 day/night cruise. This is my second RCI cruise and I have gone on Majesty's weekend cruise in the past. It was not easy getting on the ship. It took a very long time to navigate the long line that took perhaps over 2 hours to finally go through. This might have been Port Everglades problem since it was in the old terminal which they are shutting down soon. Getting off the ship was not so easy either and it was a very long wait in the old terminal again to finally get though customs. Going through customs was simple once I made it through the line. I would recommend this ship and absolutely would go on this ship again. I was pleased with the staff throughout the cruise. The waiters at the 5:30 dining were exceptional. The room steward did a wonderful job as well and I give the staff very high ratings. They clearly made an effort to keep the passengers happy and I saw them catering to many guests and always attempting to satisfy throughout my trip. Overall, I liked the entertainment although I did not like the Quest show. I know lots of people like it, but it gets old really quickly and I don't care to see older passengers passing around their dentures to others in order to win a competition. There definitely should be an alternative show at that time. Also, I enjoyed the ice skating show however there was another time that the ice show was the evening's main show when many had already seen the show. At that time, there was no alternative main show and there should have been another show for those who had already seen the earlier ice show. I did like the comedians overall and the Elton John singer/comedian as well as the comedian/impersonator were amazing. I didn't care for the 2 musical/dancing shows which I thought were just boring. I usually like those kinds of shows but the material just seemed inferior even thought the actors might have been talented. I was not able to tell. I did like the ports---Labadie, Haiti, San Juan, St. Kitt and St. Marteen. The stop in San Juan was way too short. I believe it was because the ship wanted to limit the port costs and have us spend more money on the ship than in port. This is a theme that I saw running throughout the cruise. Gone are all the little extras that RCI used to give such as little chocolates on the beds, birthday cake for a birthday (I did have a birthday on the cruise and got a dessert that was offered that night but it was not a cake and was not enough for my table). One of my main complaints is that a picture costs $20.00 and RCI does NOT even provide a folder/envelope for you to protect your pictures that you purchased. They are promoting their $26 or $27 photo album instead. For $20 I would expect a protective folder. They are saving lots of money by not having to print every picture like they used to. Now its all computerized, so give us a little something for our money RCI!! I did NOT buy a drink package since I am not a big drinker at all. It did not make sense to me to buy the $67 per day package that would have included unlimited drinks. So, the alternative was to buy a few drinks. I was shocked that the alcohol drinks after the 18% gratuity added in came to $12.92. That is ridiculously expensive for a drink. I realize booze is the way that RCI can make money to pay off their debt of new ships, but that price seems outrageous. Fortunately, the drinks at most ports are like $5.00 and we drank off of the ship when we were at port. I can understand why so many people smuggle their booze onboard since its crazy expensive to have a drink. I enjoyed dancing every night in the Cosmopolitan Room and enjoyed some of the music--I did like the 70's and 80's. Hated the latin music but still danced to it and refused to dance to the line dances which I hate. But I did have fun up there. I was surprised that there was never a outside pool party with food. There was a karaoke party outside that not many people attended....but there was no food at all. Maybe that is why no one joined that party. I also enjoyed Karaoke a couple of times. They had a competition at the end of the cruise. I would have preferred no competition since some I not want to compete but just wanted to do a song without feeling like I was in a competition. I thought the food was good overall. I always had at least 2 entrees at dinner. Breakfasts were very good with egg white omelettes. And I really enjoyed the salad selection for lunches. Even in the main dining room, they had salads that were diced up for you in a bowl. You can eat all the time and even late at night. Good selection of food and I was always satisfied. There were lots of elderly people on board and lots of motorized scooters and walkers. That did not bother me at all and it kept the number of people in the gym which I attended daily down to a minimum. If there were younger people on board, I think it would have been more difficult to get a treadmill since the gym seems very small for a few thousand passengers. They do have a steam room and sauna at no extra cost which was nice. So in conclusion, there will probably never be a perfect cruise. However, I really had a great time overall. I would recommend this ship and I was overall pleased with the experiences I had and would certainly book on this ship and other RCI cruises in the future.

Overall, I enjoyed my cruise on Navigator.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by nomicruiser

• Sail Date: December 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean

nomicruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

The cabin was what I expected it to be. Once there was some black substance that came out of the area beside the toilet and in the shower. The steward apologized for this and cleaned it up immediately. It was not waste (I think/I hope) but we put towels on the floor of the bathroom to not have to walk on it. It never happened again after that one time.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans