Norwegian Star Cruise Review

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Vsocha

• Sail Date: Dec 2015
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

First, the NCL cruise and It was not an amazing experience!! I would not recommend the Norwegian Star!!! For our first cruise, I am totally disappointed with the lack of service, and the lack of Compassion in accommodating their guests!! The first day of embarkation, our keys were not coded correctly and could not get into our room cabin, so I headed to guest services, which the line was a mile long. I was told to relax by one of the captain Mgrs. and I should be thru the line in about 30 minutes, proceeding to tell me I must of had the keycard next to a cell phone which decoded the room keys, LOL, I didn't bring my phone on the trip! There were severe technology issues, especially when you hear NCL paging the technology tech consultants.

The disembarkation in Roatan was unorganized and frustrating, and I would not recommend the Island sightseeing tour. After our tour in Roatan, I went to eat at the Market Cafe buffet a few minutes before closing and I wanted a second helping of vegetables and was told the line was closed, go to other side. The other side had desserts not veggies. I understand rules but I was already there just wanting more veggies. Again at the same place on Asian night I requested a vegetable stir fry and was told by the head chef mgr that the dishes available to all guests was the same as I requested, clearly not, I requested a veggie stir fry, NO MEAT or NOODLES!! Clearly that option was not available, feeling shoved, we headed to Ginza for dinner. There the hostess sat us in a hallway, which was not acceptable, since Ginza was not busy when we arrived, so my daughter requested another table.

Then at the La Cucina I was charged again for a prepaid meal. The mgr captain was just worried about the two officer captains coming in and telling him turn up the lights, looks like a mortuary down there than resolving their mistake!! After what I thought would be resolved after checking the NCL app, and was not, the mgr told me to go to guest services, again shoved aside. Then at the Moderno we arrived about 6:50 for a 7:00 pm reservation, and the hostess said my reservation was at 7:15 so we walked back to the room to get our itinerary that clearly stated 7:00 pm so we showed her and she then seated. She commented it was the system, what another technology glitch, is this the Norwegian way, glitches??

The pool and Stardust washrooms were disgusting and at night all the Stardust toilets were clogged and overflowing. Could have been a severe spread of bacteria/viruses. The best part of the cruise was our server at the pool, Avelino, the band, Exotique very entertaining and talented. The Sugar Cane Mojito Bar manager was excellent and accommodating. The shows and entertainment were terrible except for the last night, yesterday. The show in the Stardust was excellent and the interactive Quest game show was great entertainment. However, the entertainment staff could have been more assertive in getting people more involved, seemed like they were dancing and mingling amongst themselves. Also, in the Spinaker there were too many under-aged drinkers that were inebriated ruining it for the adults, so the adult consent forms should be eliminated, shame on parents that allow their young teens to indulge! Also fire the djay.

Vsocha's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10160

Upon arrival a a strong body stench, odiferous, cushions on couch terribly smelly, contacted guest services.

Belize City

The excursion was great but the vendor NCL works with was totally disorganized. Our guide, Nury was great and very knowledgable.

Costa Maya

Took transportation to Ya Ya beach, nice quiet and a cultural flair.

Cozumel

Taxied to Paradise Beach, delightful. Enjoyed facilities and service. I would highly recommend this to future cruise goers!

Vsocha